Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 009

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Great work. I see you have a switch for electric mirror operation - nice.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Great work. I see you have a switch for electric mirror operation - nice.
    Thanks
    Yes there are numerous little things done to bring the car into the 21 century. My wife has mentioned that she would like to drive it(if I ever finish it) so I'm trying to make things as easy as possible for her if that day should ever come.

Worked on numerous things on the car today.
    One thing was trying to finish up on the interior side panels. Speaker covers were made.

P4300001.jpg
    P4300002.jpg
    P4300003.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    .... My wife has mentioned that she would like to drive it ....
    Brett,

You must be the only one on the Forum whose wife/partner/etc actually wants to drive our cars, let alone even be a passenger in one!

Looking good by the way, keep at it!

Alistair

Very nice look, it is going to look great when trimmed.
    That suggestion about cargo nets for the gull wing doors, on order,
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

G'day Brett,

The interior bits are looking great. The rear deck/pockets really tidy up the behind the seat area. I like the forward facing USB & AUX jack

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That suggestion about cargo nets for the gull wing doors, on order,

This is what the one in the headliner of the Mustang looks like.
    mustange storage pocket1.jpeg

Looking forward to see what you end up making.

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    G'day Brett,

The interior bits are looking great. The rear deck/pockets really tidy up the behind the seat area. I like the forward facing USB & AUX jack

Bushboy

Thanks

I was looking for something else at the time when I spied those and thought I may be able to find a spot in the car for them to go.
    Trying to update the car and not going over board has proven to be a challenge. As everyone knows space is very limited and some thought has to go into figuring out what needs or can be installed and what you can do without.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Trying to update the car and not going over board has proven to be a challenge. As everyone knows space is very limited and some thought has to go into figuring out what needs or can be installed and what you can do without.
    Well said! It's absolutely true - when I started my Nova journey I wanted something that looked like the flight deck of a space shuttle, but after years of contemplation (with the car off the road) what I have ended up with looks positively Spartan compared with today's cars. But there is no point in trying to compete, there just isn't enough room!
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Just read the last two posts and I have to agree, spent a lot on gadgets I would LIKE to have and ended up with a box of stuff I can't fit and don't really need.

I see concept cars this year featuring 4" internal monitors for side view cameras, something I started playing with 5 years ago but I can't really fit 2 x 4" monitors on the dash without it looking stupid (not that I havn't tried, a lot), due to lack of space so I had to do a 2 into 1 RCA and switch power L-O-R into the second camera input of the 7" radio.

Hydraulic ram backup for the actuators, nope, not enough room.
    Foot operated emergency/park brake, nope, not enough room.
    cup holders, same. Etc etc.

I spent too much time and money on what I would like to do that the stuff I have to do is now still waiting to be done.

Like a lot of things; There are those things that HAVE to be done.
    Things we would SHOULD do. Things we would LIKE to do.
    Last edited by Peter; 19-05-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Just read the last two posts and I have to agree, spent a lot on gadgets I would LIKE to have and ended up with a box of stuff I can't fit and don't really need.

I see concept cars this year featuring 4" internal monitors for side view cameras, something I started playing with 5 years ago but I can't really fit 2 x 4" monitors on the dash without it looking stupid (not that I havn't tried, a lot), due to lack of space so I had to do a 2 into 1 RCA and switch power L-O-R into the second camera input of the 7" radio.

Hydraulic ram backup for the actuators, nope, not enough room.
    Foot operated emergency/park brake, nope, not enough room.
    cup holders, same. Etc etc.

I spent too much time and money on what I would like to do that the stuff I have to do is now still waiting to be done.

Like a lot of things; There are those things that HAVE to be done.
    Things we would SHOULD do. Things we would LIKE to do.

Thats one of the reasons I've been through 3 dashes and 3 interior side panels. To make room for additional items.

Newer cars are using smaller components and because of that it offers new possibilities for up dating the car.

My new dash has a monitor in it that wasn't possible a few years ago for me. So updating the dash to what it is now has evolved. Plus in the new dash the radio can be located just about anywhere and I can still have the controls easily accessible with in arms reach mounted in the dash.

Cup holders.
    A fellow member and I use to joke at how many views the cup holder post would get on the sterling site compared to other posts that we thought were more important.
    I would post different styles that I came across in the wrecking yards and it generated a ton of views.
    So with my new interior side panel I incorporated a cup holder in it. Problem solved

I installed a foot operated emergency brake to free up space in the center console. Again newer parts have become more compact so this became possible.

New canopy lifting mechanism is now possible so you can have power assist or manual mode. Now if the power feature fails your not stuck or have to crawl out a window.

Well I think I've talked long enough.

Been working on the new hood/bonnet and the new power assist canopy system.