Thread: Fuel gauge

Fuel gauge

Any ideas?
    Why would it be, that when I turn my ignition on the fuel gauge reads 3/4 ( which I think is correct), then after about half a second after I have turned the ignition on it drops to zero!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Any ideas?
    Why would it be, that when I turn my ignition on the fuel gauge reads 3/4 ( which I think is correct), then after about half a second after I have turned the ignition on it drops to zero!
    Do you have a fuel sender correction gizmo in the circuit to align the gauge to the sender?

If so maybe that has a fault, to prove it connect the gauge directly to the sender and see if you get the same symptom of a sudden change

Have the same gizmo as you so will give a go. Remember it reading backwards when first fitted which is why I fitted it.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Just my 002 here:
    I'm thinking bad earth connection, run a separate earth wire from the sender (or gizmo) to a known good earth and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Have the same gizmo as you so will give a go. Remember it reading backwards when first fitted which is why I fitted it.

yeah in my dim distant memory I recalled you had something, was just too lazy to read back through your build log to validate