Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tail Lights

Brett, from following your posts an awful lot of time and effort went into your current light setup, so does this mean you have fallen out of love with your current setup?

From my perspective these don't seem to work (for me) scale wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sector View Post
    Thank you for the mock up. Interesting, I envisioned them upside down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Like this???
    P7150001.jpg

P7150002.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Brett, from following your posts an awful lot of time and effort went into your current light setup, so does this mean you have fallen out of love with your current setup?

From my perspective these don't seem to work (for me) scale wise.
    I prefer the light setup I have now. This is for getting ideas for next years model. lol.

I agree. I like the looks of them but its just not working for the car. Even if they were smaller they just don't look like they belong on the car. I think the whole back would need an updating for them to look right

Yes, like to the top picture. But I do see that they still look a little awkward unless the rear panel is redesigned. Your current setup is very unique and works very well with your car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Really like the shape of that back-end.
    The spoiler (above the rear window) with built in brake light is a very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Really like the shape of that back-end.
    The spoiler (above the rear window) with built in brake light is a very nice.
    Thanks

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...ynamic-add-ons

I must admit, I had thought the other way up, as per the original photo... they look neat tho! `¬)

Hi Brett, I know you value constructive remarks so here it goes, NO! They look 'plonked' on and do not 'flow' with the lines of the car, sorry but,,, Sorry. Looks like what they probably are, the tailgate section of a VW golf 7 two part rear light, very angular against the lovely curves you have created, which I love . some of the earlier versions are similar in shape and size but more rounded if that's the type you are looking at.Seat-Ibiza-O-S-rear-light-inner-2-months.jpg
    Last edited by Peter; 16-07-2019 at 09:46 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hi Brett, I know you value constructive remarks so here it goes, NO! They look 'plonked' on and do not 'flow' with the lines of the car, sorry but,,, Sorry. Looks like what they probably are, the tailgate section of a VW golf 7 two part rear light, very angular against the lovely curves you have created, which I love . some of the earlier versions are similar in shape and size but more rounded if that's the type you are looking at.Seat-Ibiza-O-S-rear-light-inner-2-months.jpg
    Thanks Peter I appreciate your honesty and opinions.

Once seeing them on the car I think with out the other half of them they just don't look right on the car.

Just another thought that didn't pan out, but with out trying how would you know. Can't be afraid to try
    You would think as many times as I have done tail lights I should know by now what looks good on the car.

Actually I had thought other way up, but other way round as well... `¬)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I liked them - in particular the first orientation. It works for me and there is some symmetry with the exhaust pipes

P7140006.jpg
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns