Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Glasgowgoers new Golf Kart

Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Every thing on this "easy fix" has been a battle. THe side pods were fixed on the original car with mild steel bolts and the last owner had to cut through them with an angle grinder to get the side pods off. So they have needed some repair work. Then as I think I mentioned before they under side doesn't fit the chassis as the part they are suppose to fit into has been filled with square tube.
    They are now all but done.
    I have started to reinstall the roof hinges only to find that the U channel that bolts to the roof has been bent & deformed so a little hammer massage will sort that out.

I have also had to reinforce the top part of the louver to ensure that it will not break when the hinges are installed.

Progress has increased lately with some slightly warmer weather & longer day light hours.

Cheers
    Bushboy

I am sooo lucky Martin agreed to help or she would have been sold by now, I was told by the guy I bought her from she just needed put back together, and even if that was the case I would have struggled....fortunately for me Martin took this on and things have not been easy for him , not just with the build, but he has stuck right in and has turned the corner.
    Can’t thank you enough Martin.
    Cheers
    Dave

Making more headway on the Nova. Seatbelts. Where to mount the stalk. After considering several mounting points that would then put the catch in the wrong place when the seat is moved, decided to put it on the seat. Anchor nut plate cut to size, ready for welding

"Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Finished passenger side fully fitted

i have also taken the engine out and taken advantage of this to replace the old split axle gaiters

there is the engine, just hanging around waiting to be attached to the engine stand. Took longer to modify the engine stand to accept the VW than it did to take it out of the car.

Clutch is BRAND NEW NEVER BEEN USED.

Why replace the clutch but don't address the oil leaks at the same time ????

Which is why the engine is out.

replacing these leaky bent buggers

scraping some carbon off the valves

and a little off the piston tops

I have also been working on the hydraulic pump install and plumbing the original pipes back in place & now need to go hunting for hydraulic fittings.

Note to self (DONT DO HYDRAULICS , electric actuators are SOOOOOO much easier)

What a palava, pipes too long cant cut them, if wires are too long, cut them, if fittings are wrong try to find correct thread, if wire ends are wrong, cut them off & crimp another one on. Wires are easy to bend & thread through holes. If you nick a bit of insulation on the wire, apply electrical tape, if you hole a hydraulic line, new hydraulic line. Nick a wire & the electricity doesn't spill all over the floor, nick a hydraulic line & it's every where.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    I have also been working on the hydraulic pump install and plumbing the original pipes back in place & now need to go hunting for hydraulic fittings.

Note to self (DONT DO HYDRAULICS , electric actuators are SOOOOOO much easier)

What a palava, pipes too long cant cut them, if wires are too long, cut them, if fittings are wrong try to find correct thread, if wire ends are wrong, cut them off & crimp another one on. Wires are easy to bend & thread through holes. If you nick a bit of insulation on the wire, apply electrical tape, if you hole a hydraulic line, new hydraulic line. Nick a wire & the electricity doesn't spill all over the floor, nick a hydraulic line & it's every where.

Lots of good work going on I like the seat belt mounts.

I have been pondering which way to go on my Nova the biggest thing for me with electric is speed they are so much slower, I have got a hydraulic system and I have acquired a few actuators i'm still procrastinating but I think I will be starting the Nova so will play with both.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice update, good to see things progressing

Your seats must be well foward of where mine are as I used the existing threads in te tunnel for rear belts.

Battery acid is great for getting crud off of alloy.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl