Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Glasgowgoers new Golf Kart

Great work Caddy. Golfer's a lucky guy indeed! The 'Reek' must be getting jealous of Golfer's Nova in view of all the attention you're giving her!

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post

I think glasgowgolfer is lucky to have you doing his rebuild as that Nova was a bit more than a fixer upper! Probably the car wouldn’t have seen the road again if you hadn’t taken it on.

That was one of the driving influences with me deciding to take on the project. It has turned out to be a bigger job than the description & pictures suggested.

I was close by and with the golfer in Scotland & a self confessed "not very mechanically inclined" it may well have been another ebay relist after a few years of hiding under tarps & the bottom of the garden.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

The howling winds gave me another project to do today before I got around to tinkering with the Golf Kart again. The front fence panels parted company with the fence posts.

But after some gentle persuasion, hammering, drilling, & general screwing around, it was back in one piece & looking like a fence again.

Just about got the flip flop wired to the High & Low beam relays. I'll take a picture when they are in place.

I turned my hand to a little alloy welding using HTS 2000 rods. I wanted to see if I could capture the nuts in the stuff & attach the stand offs to the alloy fuse tray bracket.

Here are the Nuts

& here are the stand offs in crystal clear sharp focus.........not

Took a high flame on the MAPP gas torch & being rather thick alloy it was difficult getting it to temp & keeping it there. They are not structural joints but rather hold things in place joints to ease assembly.

Caddy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

I need to have a play with those rods every year I watch the guy at Stones demoing them.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I need to have a play with those rods every year I watch the guy at Stones demoing them.

Dirk
    Like most I was tempted and purchased some. i’ve Only done one job with them so far, making the bracket to hold my radiator reservoir and it worked so I was very pleased
    Last edited by islandman; 11-03-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Yea guys I am very lucky to have Bushboy rescue her as I would have severly struggled to make any progress in bringing her back to life....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I found the alloy rods fantastic as long as you can get the temperature right, my steering support is made of alloy using them, don't be tempted to get the harder ones, I have some and nearly impossible to get a good flow before melting the subject.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl