Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasgowgoers new Golf Kart

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    Got a nice set of Alloys with good tyres off eBay @ a cracking price Phil...yea it needs a bit of TLC and tinkering here n there but she is in good hands...guy that had here said there was a problem with hazards... Bushboy had it fixed in 2 mins....😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Alloys

Nice alloys Dave. They'll really suit your Nova's black body (assuming you're keeping her black?)

I see the tyres are 15" and 60 profile but I can't make out the width. Looks good against Bushboy's Reek. Better be careful that he doesn't just bolt them on the wrong car to try them out!

Looking forward to watching your progress.

Cheers, Alistair

I wish I had time to bolt them on the Eureka, just to make sure they are skid worthy

But I'm still at work coming up to 14hrs because a temp let me down. Only lives 2 miles away but his car broke down & he said he might get wet walking to work!!!!!

No up dates tonight

Caddy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Bushboy/Caddy and Dave,

I just hope you've got a friendly and flexible arrangement for getting the Nova street legal. There will undoubtedly be unforeseen difficulties ahead, so "keep the heed" as we say up here. The main thing is AT LAST you've become a Nova owner again Dave .... enjoy the journey!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    I wish I had time to bolt them on the Eureka, just to make sure they are skid worthy

But I'm still at work coming up to 14hrs because a temp let me down. Only lives 2 miles away but his car broke down & he said he might get wet walking to work!!!!!

No up dates tonight

Caddy

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post

No up dates tonight

Caddy
    Sorry to hear that Bushboy, what a shit Friday!!! 😯. Golf Kart can wait mate.. like I said, family,job come 1st....😉

I managed a little time in the Shed on Saturday, while my wife was at work and taking her out for her Birthday treat. Apparently helping me fix a Nova is not a special treat,

Removed the gauge cluster & somewhat messy wiring. Then found a metal plate bridging the gap & attaching the steering column to the dash board. Next up was to remove the 2, yes, just 2 bolts holding the dash board in.

Look hard enough & you can see one of the bolt holes near the LHS canopy ram recess.

This is the underside of the dashboard (Drivers side on the left in this orientation) and you can see the CPU fan to "cool" the drivers feet. It was not wired in. And a mysterious silver box on the passengers side.

A closer look at the drivers foot fan. I guess the idea was to suck & distribute warm air from the central plenum box, fed from the exhaust heat exchanges that are not present. Plenty of 4 inch plastic ducting up the sides of the tub though

And that silver box. Reminds me of the tin foil hat one wears to prevent your mind being read by aliens

Nope, under the alloy sheet, compete with nice sharp corners is...............................another CPU fan.

No worries with your hard drive & CPU overheating.

No shed time Sunday, daughter had double Panto, wife had double shift & bushboy had double bar service volunteering. Was nice, got to see my daughter entertaining the crowed twice over.

Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Caddy

But despite the other pressures you've made a start! Well done!!

To be honest, if the chassis is as solid as it looks, and you can get the engine going, it shouldn't take that long to get it to MOT stage. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

Alistair

So what do you think the second fan in an enclosed box was for?

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    So what do you think the second fan in an enclosed box was for?

Dirk
    Dirk, I can only imagine that he was hoping it would boost the airflow of hot air from the non existent heat exchanges.

I'm not even contemplating leaving them there as the golfer is sending me an electric heater to find a home for in his golf Kart.

I may temporarily fit it in the Eureka passenger foot well so I can report on how effective it is as a space heater for our cars.

Another stress day at work so I'm relaxing with a drink or two. Next scheduled Golf Kart time is Wednesday.

Caddy

Heater sent today 😉