Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Glasgowgoers new Golf Kart

  1. #21
    ☀️

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    ☀️

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

    Mmmm I think you might be very disappointing with that, but hopefully I am wrong.

    Dirk

  3. #23
    I bought one of those but the output is very poor and likely to drain the battery

    http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...-begins/page51
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Mmmm I think you might be very disappointing with that, but hopefully I am wrong.

    Dirk
    Not expecting it to do much other than occasionally clear the windscreen...do you guys actually use the heat exchangers??


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    Not expecting it to do much other than occasionally clear the windscreen...do you guys actually use the heat exchangers??


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    When I tried it in my car there was so little airflow I doubt very much it would even clear the windscreen. This is an ongoing problem and I have yet to find a solution as my exhaust doesn't accommodate heat exchangers. I think the best solution (for now at least) is an anti mist agent sprayed onto the screen. But open to suggestions?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    But open to suggestions?
    Water cooled Alfa, Scooby or Mazda V6 take your pick Phil

  7. #27
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hailsham, E Sussex
    Posts
    1,213
    😂😂

  8. #28
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    836
    David & Mark,

    Not everyone is in a position to fit a Scooby, Alpha or Mazda V6. Equally, whilst I have the funds to to this I'm choosing to stick with the engine number that DVLA have on record until I get my Nova road legal again. After that it's a real possibility, but for the amount of use the car will get I'm wondering whether or not it's really worth it? Time will tell ... I'll just see how my 1776 VW lump performs and take a decision later.

    You've both invested heavily in your Novas but your combined annual mileage (excluding use of trailers) would probably just get me to the shops and back, so I suppose it's horses for courses?

    It's been so long since I drove my Nova I can't really remember how bad the heating was, and I suppose it depends whether you want to drive your Nova from October to March ... or not?

    The Forum is here to enable Nova (and other derivatives) enthusiasts to help one another with technical issues and offer moral support when things are getting tough. I'd welcome any input from yourselves or anyone else on the Forum as to how to maximise heating and demisting when using a VW air cooled lump, so that Glasgowgolfer, Phill, myself, and others in that position can get the best from our cars.

    Cheers, Alistair

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    David & Mark,

    Not everyone is in a position to fit a Scooby, Alpha or Mazda V6. Equally, whilst I have the funds to to this I'm choosing to stick with the engine number that DVLA have on record until I get my Nova road legal again. After that it's a real possibility, but for the amount of use the car will get I'm wondering whether or not it's really worth it? Time will tell ... I'll just see how my 1776 VW lump performs and take a decision later.

    You've both invested heavily in your Novas but your combined annual mileage (excluding use of trailers) would probably just get me to the shops and back, so I suppose it's horses for courses?

    It's been so long since I drove my Nova I can't really remember how bad the heating was, and I suppose it depends whether you want to drive your Nova from October to March ... or not?

    The Forum is here to enable Nova (and other derivatives) enthusiasts to help one another with technical issues and offer moral support when things are getting tough. I'd welcome any input from yourselves or anyone else on the Forum as to how to maximise heating and demisting when using a VW air cooled lump, so that Glasgowgolfer, Phill, myself, and others in that position can get the best from our cars.

    Cheers, Alistair
    I think there have been several conversations about this in the past and really I don't think there has ever been a definitive answer, As you say you probably wont do much cold weather driving (although there have been frosts at Stones before) I think the biggest problem is being caught in rain in the summer. The year before last was a nightmare driving to Castle Combe for me, misting up was awful RainX did help to begin with and probably OK on short journeys but it soon looses its effectiveness. I think Mick's idea of wrapping water pipes around the exhaust and using a small external pump but I'm not sure anyone has completed one yet.

    Dirk

  10. #30
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I think there have been several conversations about this in the past and really I don't think there has ever been a definitive answer, As you say you probably wont do much cold weather driving (although there have been frosts at Stones before) I think the biggest problem is being caught in rain in the summer. The year before last was a nightmare driving to Castle Combe for me, misting up was awful RainX did help to begin with and probably OK on short journeys but it soon looses its effectiveness. I think Mick's idea of wrapping water pipes around the exhaust and using a small external pump but I'm not sure anyone has completed one yet.

    Dirk
    Hi Dirk,

    I remember the discussion about Mick's idea of wrapping water pipes around the exhaust and using a small external pump. I recall that corrosion was maybe an issue? Know what you mean about RainX ... I use it on the van and family car and it's great .... for a week at most.

    Thanks, I'll have a look through the Forum to see what other help's available.

    Cheers, Alistair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •