Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoneleigh 2019!

I liked that Tag liveried buggy too. Has the unusual Mel Hubbard bonnet fitted. He created it to allow an opening bonnet, so shifts the mounting points of the lights slightly too, but makes wiring one up, and maintaining fuel tank etc a lot easier.

it was a very tidy build.

Another Stones under the belt. Great to catch up with everyone who attended and meet a couple of new ones ....Arrived to be told the club stand had been moved - disapointing after 15 years next to the gate and pitching the tent under the trees - BUT it was much better where they put us - we were in full view of all the incoming cars and couldn't be missed by any but the most dimwitted visitors. (I hope we can secure that as the new regular pitch even if they fill in the excavations where we used to be!)
    The contraction of the show-ground space and shortage of exhibitors was a bit depressing, we can't afford the country's last kit car show to go the way of all the others! I haven't really got any useful photos to post but I think Liz will put some of hers up tomorrow.
    Nova had a slight and occasional misfire on the way up (stopped doing it somewhere in Devon) and vapour locked when we filled-up so took a worrying minute or two to re-start. Behaved perfectly on the way back, and we missed all the usual hold-ups to give a 4 hour 50minute trip - an average very close to 60mph...
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I had a great weekend, the new pitch was fantastic lets hope we can keep it. Thanks for all the great company and a massive THANK YOU to Di for all her hard work keeping us all fed and watered
    The car was also well behaved there and back so very happy.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I had a great weekend, the new pitch was fantastic lets hope we can keep it. Thanks for all the great company and a massive THANK YOU to Di for all her hard work keeping us all fed and watered
    The car was also well behaved there and back so very happy.

Dirk
    Excellent Dirk ... you must be well chuffed after all your efforts over the past year. Well done!

.... any photos worth sharing?

Alistair

Well I was having a good journey back to Chelmsford until I was coming up to my exit on the M25 when all traffic stopped for an accident. And there we and every other motorist stayed for the next 4 Ĺ hours!! Most bizarre experience, people walking dogs between the lanes, kids on scooter, even a cyclist. However the one that takes the prize was a group of lads playing football across all three lanes on the other carriageway as they had closed that also so it was empty.

https://youtu.be/wSW5m3by6Ik

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Excellent Dirk ... you must be well chuffed after all your efforts over the past year. Well done!

.... any photos worth sharing?

Alistair
    Yes I was very pleased. and no I forgot my charging cable for my phone so was trying to conserve power just in case!!! but my phone still died just after leaving Stones so I had to buy a cable at the services.
    I am sure there will be lots of photos soon.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Well I was having a good journey back to Chelmsford until I was coming up to my exit on the M25 when all traffic stopped for an accident. And there we and every other motorist stayed for the next 4 Ĺ hours!! Most bizarre experience, people walking dogs between the lanes, kids on scooter, even a cyclist. However the one that takes the prize was a group of lads playing football across all three lanes on the other carriageway as they had closed that also so it was empty.

https://youtu.be/wSW5m3by6Ik
    There was a time when the police made it a priority to get traffic moving again after an accident. Nowadays however, they seem the take great delight in closing down the road system for hours and hours (sometimes all day) while they carry out their accident investigation. My wife thinks I'm being callous when I suggest they should simply drag the bodies over onto the hard shoulder and let the traffic start moving again
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

I agree, we get the same thing here, 10km tail back for what turns out to be some year driving too fast, too close, hitting some poor did up the tailgate. Not unusual to see them 2 meters behind at 90kph.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

They say that for the closure of the M25 it cost over one million pounds per hour for the country, and that any prolonged delay gets people talking very high up..
    There would be good reason for something like that to take so long, for the police work on CLEAR principles to ensure the road network moves !!

Just saying 😜

Now, where are the photos? 👍
    Last edited by Buffy; 07-05-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Ommision

It felt quite weird to be moved from our traditional pitch -

to the middle of a barren field in the cold wind that greeted us, but once the show was underway many thought it was really brilliant to be on the main thoroughfare and it certatinly brought in a lot of visitors. Ben of course had all we needed for clearing away the great wads of wet grass clippings.

Lineup Saturday night

great sunset... the rain missed us
    v

Ben sorted the stove

Major excavation across the site - here looking back towards the entrance gate, many fine trees cut down...

AGM in the sunshine

nice Marcos in the middle field on the way to the halls

Monday 8am breakfast

HAd to rush home for guests arriving so sorry to miss you all on Monday

Heading west is always a good idea

one of my favourite hills

chasing a Stag

Nearly home

MAny many thanks Di for all the delicious food and for looking after us so well. See you all next year!!