Thread: New member

Hi all, no nova, but have always loved them. Due to retire at the end of the year, so may have time then for a project.
    Last edited by Jemm; 11-01-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Welcome to the Forum.

Care to share a bit more info, like where are you located, when did you fall in love with the Nova & have you had a close encounter with one?

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by Jemm View Post
    Hi all, no nova, but have always loved them. Due to retire at the end of the , so may have time then for a project.
    Hi Jemm,

Welcome to the Forum! Would be interested to hear what you're looking for ... major rebuild, minor rebuild, road legal Nova? As you're probably aware from articles on the Forum, road legal Novas rarely come up for sale, but projects do appear from time to time. You'll find plenty of technical and moral support on the Forum, and some friendly banter too!

Cheers, Alistair

Hi Jem welcome to the forum. I bought my current car over ten years ago as a "retirement" project and set it to one side awaiting retiral when I would have the time to work on it. Then a few years ago my son prompted me into action by saying if you wait until you've retired you'll never be able to get in it, so I've spent the last 3 years rebuilding it. Still not retired yet, it's still not finished, but I can still get into it...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Loved Nova's since I first saw one in 'Custom Car' magazine I think it was, many years ago. Never seen a nova in real life, but trying to plan a trip to Stoneleigh this May.
    I live and work in West Wales at the moment, but plan to move to the borders after we retire.
    Have been looking at the Pie Valley VW replacement chassis, now with a VW mid engine replacement, rather than the MG. Looks very interesting and I think would make a great rebuild for an old rotted out original floor pan. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Jemm; 11-01-2019 at 10:40 AM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi Jemm, Welcome to the forum, there are a couple of Pie Valley builds in progress (on the forum),
    try and get to Stones and speak to a few owners if you can, Pie Valley have had a stand there the last couple of years as well.

Welcome to the forum Jemm. Yep plenty of Nova info on this forum plus bags of help.Hope you find a project to play with soon. Have fun & enjoy.Cheers.Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Are the pie valley builds in ‘Your Cars’?

Here you go:-

Alex has two Novas - an original VW based Black one and this one currently under constrution
    http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...he-saga-begins!

Micks car started out as a VW based Nova but is currently being rebuilt using a PIE valley chassis
    http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?3159-Micks-Red-Nova/page61

"The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns