Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple wiper system

Phill,

This is the bracket for my wiper

Dirk

Thanks Dirk

My other shell has the remains of a wiper motor - I think I'll take it off and see if there's any parts I can rescue
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

I just used a mini wiper spindle boxes, one stripped out for the pivot and the spiral cable for the drive .

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I just used a mini wiper spindle boxes, one stripped out for the pivot and the spiral cable for the drive .
    Yes I had considered using those too. CBS sell a complete kit of similar components but I was concerned there may not be enough room to fit it (Remember the Nova has an opening roof unlike the Eagle) so I chose to go down the well proven route recomended by Jim73vw and bought a Pantograph system from Arc components which works perfectly.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I think Lauren's is still a phonograph but just offset from center??

Dirk
    Correct - sorry I'm a bit late replying.

Yes, all of the original Nova parts were re-used for my wiper. The motor I had was a single speed Lucas 17W, with a factory bracket to keep the reciprocating mechanism away from the canopy. The motor described a 90 degree arc if I remember correctly. By turning the wiper assembly through 180 degrees and moving the spindle onto the drivers side of the canopy, the main arm arcs from the base of the screen on the passenger side up to the drivers side A pillar. I made a slotted pantograph link so I could adjust the position of the blade (standard 22" I think) so that it sat parallel to the A pillar and folded flat against the base of the screen when parked.

This system clears a lot more of the screen directly in front of the driver. To cover the gap in the swept area at the bottom of the screen on the drivers side I welded on a cut-down Mini wiper arm and blade. As you have seen in my dashboard build thread, I have re-fabricated a new double-skinned recess in the canopy for the wiper motor and bonded in threaded inserts.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!