Thread: Do you need a log book

Do you need a log book

Showing my age have you got a Nova without a V5 this would suit

DVLA have the model as Unknown

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswage...RF3P:rk:8:pf:0

Dirk

The DVLA have it as a red Volkswagen that hasn't been taxed since 2006 - but that probably means its documents could be applied for successfully.....
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Hmm - I've got a complete shell and set of panels but no V5 or floorpan. Could be a candidate for my next project. Not sure if this is a shortened VW floorpan (most buggies were) but certainly there is potential to rescue another Nova from oblivian. Better still, it's in my neck of the woods - about an hours drive away.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Hmm - I've got a complete shell and set of panels but no V5 or floorpan. Could be a candidate for my next project. Not sure if this is a shortened VW floorpan (most buggies were) but certainly there is potential to rescue another Nova from oblivian. Better still, it's in my neck of the woods - about an hours drive away.
    ... and Alison's all for it then Phill?

If I suggested restoring another Nova, Valerie would probably divorce me .... now there's a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    It would be worth looking at it and finding the vin number then give DVLA a ring, they wont give any info over the phone. But if you give them the reg number and vin number they will tell you if they match.

Dirk

Wow...it went for £1900. I was expecting it to go for much less than that. Makes a fully built, extremely rare car like the Nova worth a fortune.. Did you buy it Dirk?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, really surprised to see it go for that amount, there was even a last minute 'sniper' attack which failed to steal it under the nose of the purchaser.
    There is something strange going on here ...

I don't think it was the crappy looking buggy that sold for £1900 the log book could be used on any VW chassis based kit even probably Ed's new chassis with the Golf set up.

Dirk