Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a new Hood/Bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    If I can't find a suitable replacement bonnet then your thread has made me realise that I could have a go at fabricating my own.
    Alistair it was Brett's posts on the Sterling site that inspired me to try an build my own dash, and I was very happy I did

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Hey Brett, sorry I would have commented, but I figured you were getting tired of people telling you how good your designs are! It is looking amazing. Glad to have you posting your progress again. It got pretty dark for a while without posts from you.
    Hi Nic

Nice to hear from you

As you have seen sometimes I don't get it right and the input from the posts help me on what needs to go or stay. Not looking for a "pat on the back" but just seeing if I'm going in the right direction.

As you have seen in other builds, there are some things people do to the car that just doesn't belong on this car so the input helps me with that. On the Sterling site when nobody commented on something, it usually meant that what ever I did didn't look good or didn't belong on the car but they were just being nice and not commenting on it.

Still not up to full speed for posting.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post

Not looking for a "pat on the back" but just seeing if I'm going in the right direction.

As you have seen in other builds, there are some things people do to the car that just doesn't belong on this car so the input helps me with that. On the Sterling site when nobody commented on something, it usually meant that what ever I did didn't look good or didn't belong on the car but they were just being nice and not commenting on it.

Brett,

Don't beat yourself up ... we all have a passion for this kit car and all its variations, and we all have ideas as how best to develop/improve/modify it to our own taste. A well developed kit car is a very personal journey. Discussion with others on the same journey helps to give us the courage to develop new skills and also to get the benefit of their experience. This Forum is a Godsend for lots of us .... can you imagine trying to do all this in isolation?

They key issue is that we're not all aiming to build a car that comes off the production line and must therefore be within "such and such" a mm tolerance in every respect.

The car is yours to develop as you please, taking into account our views (or not) ...

Enjoy the time in your Man Shed!

All the best, Alistair

You're more likely to get a definite 'Don't like' on this site (especially from some of our more out-spoken members) no comment is more like 'like it so far - waiting to see what happens next!'
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Never been one to hold back but I must say I like 85% of what you have done and I hope my comments have been positive, so far and I am waiting patiently to see the end result. Lots of things I have done have been received with so and so comments and few of the, "great, love it!, kind but I just keep trying to make it work both physically and design wise. Each unto their own.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Brett,

We are being quiet as you can't hear us stealing your ideas & inspiration!!!!!

Keep the pics coming, Euro-Nova loves them.

Looking forward to seeing how the bonnet hinges work out. I was going down a similar route but time ran out as I wanted it on the road so just went with the usual pin in the pivot point.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Pulled the buck/plug for the bonnet/hood today.

Picture shows how the expanding foam that was used forms the sides of the bonnet/hood. It didn't turn out perfect so some work will have to be done to fill in the holes and voids.

I hope to have the moulds made with in a week

P6160006.jpg

P6160007.jpg

I like it. It has that old school muscle car look to it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks great Brett!
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

A 'trend' taken up by Noreca on the Moon-Ace GT.
    http://www.norecasportscar.com/model_moon_ace_gt.html
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl