Thread: Windscreen washer pipe routing

Windscreen washer pipe routing

I'm trying to decide the best way to route the windscreen washer pipe on my car. On my original Nova I had a hinged bonnet so put the washer nozzle on the bonnet itself - nice and easy as long as I didn't try and operate the washer with the roof open

However, Instead of a hinged bonnet I have elected to have a lift out bonnet instead so will have to mount the washer nozzle on the canopy this time. What is the best way to route the washer pipe? Do I simply follow the route the wiring takes or is there a better way? I'm worried that with the roof opening and closing the pipe will get pinched and not work properly
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

I have never fitted to the bonnet and instead fitted two jets on either wing. Should be able to see location here:

https://flic.kr/p/2d6uNpH

or here:

https://flic.kr/p/5vZteC
    Last edited by jim73vw; 29-01-2019 at 11:15 PM.
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Phil

My washer jet is on the canopy. The pipe also follows the same route as the wiring for the wiper motor.
    I do remember the fun of fitting them though ! You basically have to go fishing by pushing through from one end and using a type of hook method to grab from the other. With patience it does work.

I then ran the pipe along the hinge from the canopy into the body of the car and have no issues with it.
    So if you make the entry hole for wiring and hose next to the hinge it is tidier and neater.

Hope that helps.

Phil, I am planning to connect the jets to my wiper arm, my Pontiac G8 GT has the same arrangement and that works fine, just an idea. Cheers.

Rob
    Cheers,

Rob

Illegitimi non carborundum

1983 Nova GT Project , customized 1981 Honda CBX1000, 2008 Pontiac G8 6.0 GT

Quote Originally Posted by ReNOVAtor View Post
    Phil, I am planning to connect the jets to my wiper arm, my Pontiac G8 GT has the same arrangement and that works fine, just an idea. Cheers.

Rob
    I understand that I have to make arrangements to lift the reservoir with the canopy, or have difficult routing for the supply line....
    Cheers,

Rob

Illegitimi non carborundum

1983 Nova GT Project , customized 1981 Honda CBX1000, 2008 Pontiac G8 6.0 GT

Phil, Not the best of photos to show it but I routed my wiper wiring and washer tube inside the canopy hinge arms. It enters from the body to the bottom of the hinge arm, then comes out again (unseen) at the top.

Like Jim on my last Nova they where fitted on the wings you can see them in the pic I have put on Bret's post.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    My washer jets were originally fitted to the wings as well. You could get a refreshing dollop of screen wash in your face if you had the canopy open

Since getting back on the road I have had a washer pipe routed along the canopy hinge and up to the base of the wiper, up the pantograph synch arm and then out through a three nozzle spray bar. My current system uses the same set up as Dave, the washer pipe is routed through the drivers side hinge, where the wiper wiring harness used to go
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Jim's solution is ideal for my car. I can remove the bonnet without having to unplug piping everytime and the routing of the pipework was simplicity itself without having to route it up into the canopy. The spray pattern is also ideal whereas with a nozzle located on the bonnet (which I tried initially) the spray either hits the wiper mechanism or misses the screen altogether

IMG_8661.jpg
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns