Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: You tube rebuild ?

  1. #11
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,282
    The guys at Carazee Artwork in Malaysia have done a power of work since they started 6 months ago. Can't say I like their choice/mix of colours, but I give them 10/10 for the quality of their work and detailing. The carbon fibre wrap on the dash looks great, but I can only imagine the reflection on the windscreen in the Malaysian sun! This is just a few videos to show you where they've got to. If you want to see other progress videos just search for 'Financial Mistake' (their YouTube handle)

    As David said earlier in this thread there are problems registering kit cars in Singapore and Malaysia ... I reckon this car's just for the shows and maybe some track use (although one of their earlier videos still had drum brakes on the front! ... surely it's got discs now?)

    Anyway, enjoy! ... and have a look at their other videos.

    https://youtu.be/2yv4NzkPvr0

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1QIvzxaa6Y&t=116s

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6osdHXG8cbI

    Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 11-08-2019 at 01:30 PM.

  2. #12
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bicester Oxon
    Posts
    475
    Mean machine! love the stance, the exhaust, and the purple...

    Bit what were they doing with all that thinners at the end of spraying? Spraying the whole car with it or something???

    Nice work on the car... really must do something this year!

  3. #13
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Mean machine! love the stance, the exhaust, and the purple...

    Bit what were they doing with all that thinners at the end of spraying? Spraying the whole car with it or something???

    Nice work on the car... really must do something this year!
    I think that's lacquer Martin. My Nova received the same treatment. I agree with you on the stance and the the exhaust!

    Alistair

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    656
    Hey, I like the colour scheme, very unique, and that exhaust system is just... loud!

    While I like it, certain elements make me wonder if it'll ever be used on the road, or whether its a fancy showpiece. I hope they get the rest of it together and we get to see it on the road, or track, or whatever they plan to do with it.
    G

  5. #15
    You gotta love the Malaysians health and safety in some of the videos, spray primer going everywhere and not a mask in sight

  6. #16
    Nice set of videos - they went to a huge amount of effort to screw the polycarb windscreen in - which would only be fit for show or track use.....
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

  7. #17
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bicester Oxon
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I think that's lacquer Martin. My Nova received the same treatment. I agree with you on the stance and the the exhaust!

    Alistair
    ah, of course; it just looked like a lot of tins of thinners in the video - but obvious really!

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    You gotta love the Malaysians health and safety in some of the videos, spray primer going everywhere and not a mask in sight
    I've seen similar and worse health and safety issues on youtube. While some of the things I've seen make me cringe, I've learned to accept that some people's idea of health and safety is a paper bag over their heads, eye holes optional

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    ah, of course; it just looked like a lot of tins of thinners in the video - but obvious really!
    I just hope they weren't using 2k laquer, that stuff contains cyanide based compounds and their lack of suitable breathing apparatus would result in their being sick as dogs afterwards

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    Nice set of videos - they went to a huge amount of effort to screw the polycarb windscreen in - which would only be fit for show or track use.....
    I missed that part (probably skipped past that part)...
    Regardless, I do like the look of what they're creating

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •