Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nova as a promotional vehicle

The Nova as a promotional vehicle

As my car nears completion, people have been asking me what I intend to do with it. Yesterday I had a customer at work telling me I should put some branding on the car and use it as a promotional vehicle. This is something I have been thinking about doing anyway. The car draws so much attention it surely is a great way to advertise? I've mocked up some ideas of how the car could be made to look but I am still undecided as to whether or not this is a good idea. Would the branding detract from the cars appearance and desireability, or worse still does it send the wrong message to any potential customers? My business targets other businesses in the area and I'm a little bit worried that it would deter some types of business. What do you think?

FRONT.jpg REAR.jpg SIDE.jpg
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Phill,

I remember seeing a Nova when I was in my teens and it had promotional info on it. In those days it was painted on which must have taken ages .... and been a real headache if you wanted to change telephone numbers, etc! Anyway, I remember thinking at the time that I thought it detracted from what was a stunning car, but of course I was totally focussed on the Nova at that time, without giving any thought to the business reasons for doing it.

I considered putting promotional graphics on my van a few years ago, but the reason I didn't was simple. I asked myself why I should spend money doing that when my diary is always full for 1 to 2 months ahead from word of mouth commissions? Whilst the graphics would definitely attract more business, I wouldn't be able to satisfy the demand.

So if you feel that you want to attract more business and are confident that you can meet the extra demand, then I'd say go for it. You could ask clients where they heard of your company to monitor the how much business the Nova was generating.

If you subsequently changed your mind about the promotional graphics, how easy would it be to remove them? I remember that you removed part of the wrap on the rear wing of your Nova and it created issues with the body underneath. Would removing a wrap on top of a wrap be less problematic?

Cheers, Alistair

Thanks Alistair. The problem I had was with the paint which was a very poor paint job and peeled off when I removed a temporary section of wrap. I expect when I eventually remove the entire wrap the paint will come off with it, but if simply removing stickers from the wrap (leaving the wrap itself in place) there shouldn't be an issue.

Talking to a few people here the consensus seems to be it looks tacky and detracts from the Gulf Livery. Perhaps a much more toned down version that is more in keeping with the Gulf livery would work?

side2.jpg rear2.jpg

I tend to agree Phill. The website address and phone numbers don't really blend in that well.

What about simply limiting things to your business logo, expanded to fill the white circle on the sides of the car, possibly tilted rather than horizontal, with the web address and phone number in smaller text around the outside of the logo but still inside the white circle?

You could add another white circle to the bonnet (like Buffy) and fill it in the same way. That way, you'd be keeping all your promotional information to the traditional racing car number circles. You could also try one at the rear. Buffy's rear one is on the engine cover, but you could put it on the rear panel if that worked better for you?

Alistair

I really like that idea Alistair. I'll mock it up and see what it looks like.

Yes I'm liking this a bit more

front3.jpg side3.jpg rear3.jpg

Me too!

I can't find a picture of it at the moment but when I brought my Eureka too many years ago to want to count, it was covered with Wattle Paint advertising for the local paint shop. It was used for promotional purposes as a pace car for cycle road races & people could also win rides in it through a raffle.

I prefer the latter, keep it in the number circle if you were to have any advertising.

Cheers
    Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I personal think it detracts from the beauty of the car, I would imagine you will get more hits on your web site from it just to see what you are about (kit cars, car customizing, car warping ) not sure how much real business it would produce. But then I don't own my own business so what would I know

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Gulf colours are racing colours. So you either have to make the decals resemble the original racing style or it will not look right.
    Keep it true to the theme, just saying ....