Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Canopy Lifting Arm build

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I like you guys,, You make me laugh

I have a small issue of a bad cutter not working and you got me buying all sorts of new tools

Once I get the new cutters in, I think I should be set to start cutting again.

This is the tool I have for cutting. It may not be high tech as a notcher or a guide plate but it seems to work ok for me

milling machine.jpeg

Also to answer the suggestion of using a pilot bit. The arbor that the bit would go in had little to no run out, so that was good. the threads on the cutter that thread the cutter on to the arbor however were not cut straight which caused the cutter to turn out of round so I don't think a pilot bit would have helped.

I Thank everyone for the help and suggestions.
    Maybe next week I'll be able to start welding it together.

Any tool is a good tool, depends who using it. Seems Brett has the knack of precision and Mc Iver mode.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

This is the tool I have for cutting. It may not be high tech as a notcher or a guide plate but it seems to work ok for me

milling machine.jpeg
    Pfft, high tech? I'll be the first to admit my idea was VERY low tech .
    I definitely prefer your little "hand drill" and while I do own a pillar drill which I intend to use as a mill (parts readily available), your "toy" puts mine to shame
    Last edited by Gaisa; Yesterday at 06:35 PM.

If you have the proper tools just put your RT on and use a smaller cutter.

Dirk