Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Canopy Lifting Arm build

Oh wow, until seeing the photos I hadn’t realised they were going to be recessed. Really liking the different look.

OK,, to put the minds at ease of those who were concerned on how the lower bracket was going to be bolted down, I managed to get some of the brackets welded on tonight. Still more to do but the bracket is about 90% done. I still have the other side to do.

Maybe just maybe, I might get both brackets done by this weekend and I can get the canopy mounted to see how well this setup works

P9110001.jpg

P9110002.jpg

P9110003.jpg

P9110004.jpg

P9110005.jpg

Looks great Brett, I hope it works how you imagined and calculated it would. Will you polish all your stainless?

Quote Originally Posted by ratrog64 View Post
    Looks great Brett, I hope it works how you imagined and calculated it would. Will you polish all your stainless?
    Hi Roger.
    I've been checking in on your build also. Your making some good headway

I do expect some issues with it but nothing that can't be fixed.

I don't care for the No.8 polished mirror finish. Instead I will keep the No.4 Brushed finish that it has.

Brett,
    Thanks for the detailed pictures, they are answering a lot of questions. I had a quick glance at the GolfKart Nova currently, and patiently, waiting in my shed for more spanner time & have a better appreciation for the recessing of the hinge mounts. And your insitu pics explain a lot.

I'm more of a No8 polish myself where stainless is concerned, as long as I don't have to Number 8 it

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Brett,
    Thanks for the detailed pictures, they are answering a lot of questions. I had a quick glance at the GolfKart Nova currently, and patiently, waiting in my shed for more spanner time & have a better appreciation for the recessing of the hinge mounts. And your insitu pics explain a lot.

I'm more of a No8 polish myself where stainless is concerned, as long as I don't have to Number 8 it

Bushboy
    There are times when I regret my policy of everything shiny, so much time cleaning stuff.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    That does look tidy, well done
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Your execution is excellent.

What is the advantage of lifting system vs front hinge pivoting? It seems to me that pivoting system would be stronger and easier to implement. But both are attractive in their own way.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Looking very good.

Dirk