Thread: Nova mk1 kit car

1980 Nova MK1 kit car 2.0L Pinto Engine

Hi all,

I'm putting my project up for sale.

It's a 1980 Nova mk1 with a 2.0L pinto engine with all the documentation in order.
    - The documents are good and show as "NOVA"

It's complete, fully disassembled ready to be painted. Windshield intact, hydraulics were working when disassembled.
    - Can send more specific photos upon request

OPTIONAL: LHD chassis in good condition but needs modifications.
    OPTIONAL: 2.0L pinto engine can be taken out of the deal to ease trade.

IMPORTANT: The car is currently located in Portugal, though I can arrange for transportation if needed, or keep it stored for a while if you want to collect it yourself.
    - Distance from my city to London is around 2000 kilometres, in case you are wondering shipping costs.

Price: open for offers

IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg

Find all the photos here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...ThHc3RHVVVVQ2M

Any questions please let me know

Kind Regards,
    Nuno Xavier
    Last edited by MrNsane; 20-05-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    1971 Mini 1275 GT (see photos)

1980 Nova (see photos)

Really sorry to hear that Nuno. These things take time (can be years .... ask me how I know! ) .... so maybe you've just hit a 'flat spot' and the motivation will return in a few months?

Anyway, if you decide to go ahead I'm sure you'll find a buyer quite easily.

All the best, Alistair

Hi Nuno.

Very interested in the Nova. PM sent

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Really sorry to hear that Nuno. These things take time (can be years .... ask me how I know! ) .... so maybe you've just hit a 'flat spot' and the motivation will return in a few months?

Anyway, if you decide to go ahead I'm sure you'll find a buyer quite easily.

All the best, Alistair
    Thank you, I know, sadly too many projects at the moment

1980 Nova (see photos)

Hi Nuno,

I see your Nova's still for sale as a classified advert on ebay ... I like your ambition regarding the £100K price!

Seriously, I hope you find a buyer very soon.

Best of luck, Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 04-06-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Nuno,

I see your Nova's still for sale as a classified advert on ebay ... I like your ambition regarding the £100K price!

Seriously, I hope you find a buyer very soon.

Best of luck, Alistair
    Hahah well at this point I'm just having a laugh out of it, after a few weeks being up for sale, I've had a lot of interested people in the car, but since it's located in Portugal, people don't want to pay for the car and shipping, what's curious at this point, is that I've actually paid more to get the car from Scotland to London when I've bought it than what's my estimate for shipping the car from Portugal to the UK.

I'm actually considering doing some kind of (proto) racing car out of it if I don't find a buyer, since with recent laws in Portugal, it's now impossible to import it. It would be a shame, but at this point I rather do that than giving the car away for free having already spent a few thousands on it.

Nuno

1980 Nova (see photos)

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi Nuno,
    Be patient and wait for the right buyer to come along.

I have not seen your latest Ad, I can't find it on Ebay.
    A lot of people would be prepared to purchase a car sight unseen - if you have good pictures.
    So could it be the uncertainty & hassle of overseas shipping that is putting buyers off(?)

Assuming you'll get a UK buyer, why not offer to deliver the car to Plymouth? (i.e. on the Santander Ferry). Get the buyer to cover some or all of the costs - make a deal on that.
    You can even take advantage of the trip to visit family/friends in the UK or whatever. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi Nuno,
    Be patient and wait for the right buyer to come along.

I have not seen your latest Ad, I can't find it on Ebay.
    A lot of people would be prepared to purchase a car sight unseen - if you have good pictures.
    So could it be the uncertainty & hassle of overseas shipping that is putting buyers off(?)

Assuming you'll get a UK buyer, why not offer to deliver the car to Plymouth? (i.e. on the Santander Ferry). Get the buyer to cover some or all of the costs - make a deal on that.
    You can even take advantage of the trip to visit family/friends in the UK or whatever. Just a thought.
    I agree with Steve ... hopefully someone on the Forum's looking for a Nova and would be prepared to negotiate a deal which included partial delivery? ... If I didn't already have a Nova, then bearing in mind how rare they are I'd definitely be prepared to start talking seriously about a deal.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Nuno .... but if all else fails, I like your idea of making some kind of (proto) racing car out of it.

Alistair