Thread: Now this is a challenge !!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    It's a Charger MkII.
    Many moons ago when I first considered building a kit I visited the factory
    (it was located in a couple of double garages about an ~hour from London).

The Nova has classic looks that have aged pretty well, some of its contemporaries from the 1980's
    look a bit clunky now. It would be nice to think someone can take this on as a project,
    but this is a full rebuild and there is a huge amount of work required here.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The Nova has classic looks that have aged pretty well, some of its contemporaries from the 1980's
    look a bit clunky now
    I couldn't agree more - these Neville Trickett designs have dated very quickly. I have often wondered how the Siva Saluki would have looked if it had bonded glass like the Nova, but overall the styling is far less accomplished. But there again, so was the price, typically half what you would pay for a Nova kit.

I found the original Siva S530 show car at a drag race event once, and was lucky enough to get a ride around the perimeter track with its then owner. The same clunky styling as the Beetle-based S160, but with a 5.3 litre Chevy V8, ZF transaxle (with Le Mans ratios) and F5000 suspension and running gear. The panoramic view through the windscreen (no dashboard in the S530, just a pod in front of the driver) and gull-wing doors glazed down to waist height added up to an exciting experience!
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I'm not a fan of the car, but the tunnel looks rust free so if the vin number is there it could make a good V5 donor

Dirk