Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new(ish) NOVA

I think you need to think of another colour, immediately

Orange is not the way to go.

My Eureka is in need of a new finish & I was thinking of Orange. Now there is another one on the horizon, & Alex is also contemplating orange for his other Nova I will have to go back to the colour chart.

I want to have the only (insert new colour here) Nova derivative on the road.

Orange is the new Black !!!!!

Seriously, I hope that you forge ahead & get your Nova on the road quickly, and if you beat me to it, there will be 2 Orange Novas on the road

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Just an update - I've got the paint done before winter. Then in the colder months I can finish the interior...
    IMG_3437.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Looking good! The colours suit the car .... very 70’s! You appear to be making good progress ... unlike me!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    I like the colour as well, good to see things ticking along

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    I like that muchly

...but I am curious about the sunroof - it's glass isn't it? Have you just painted over it in orange?

Perhaps vinyl wrap might be a better long term solution?

Keep up the good work - you'll be showing the car off at Brooklands in no time

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Looking good.

Dirk

The sunroof is colour coded! I haven't just sprayed the roof with the sunroof left on.

It was a bit of an experiment. I took it out and apart then sprayed with the same paint
    which seems to have taken to the glass. If I wrapped it I would be lucky to get the same colour
    match. Its durability probably isn't that great but it's not like it needs to be either. I considered carbon
    fibre wrap but I don't want anything on the car not from the period.
    I just don't like glass sunroofs!

The orange looks brighter in the photos- in real life its a nice 70s orange (VW).

I like it, don't get me wrong - I just noticed some tonal variation which I guess a couple more coats should sort out

I've had two orange cars myself - the flat-front Firenza was painted a mixture of Ford Martian Moonglow orange and a fluorescent tractor paint (I think) and brightened up many a dull day. And my old Baccaruda was painted a slightly more understated Skoda Orange.

Because we seem to like the same things, I too have owned orange cars previously

In 2001 (that's a long time ago but somehow sounds like the future) I had a 1972 911 in Signal Orange.
    Paid £5500 for it in almost show condition. It was my daily as well for 5 years and I sold it for 9k.
    How smug was I! Trouble is if I kept it today it would be worth 100k! I console myself that it would
    have cost that to maintain over the years. No one liked them particularly then, hard to believe now.

The Nova is painted now but probably needs some more coats here and there and it all needs flatting
    back etc... The sunroof, it's OK but I think it will be mostly off anyway with my height!

Wow, a '72 911 as a daily driver, most impressive

I guess it was a 911T or 911S? Both worth a pretty penny these days, as you say.

I am currently trying to fix a Bosch 6-pin CDI ignition box from my friend's '82 SC. Nowhere near as desirable (it's the normally aspirated variant), but even that has appreciated by more than 100% since he bought it 12 years ago.

I must say though, Porsche may be a byword for quality and reliability now, but the state of the wiring in '82... shocking! As for the CDI box, it's 37 years old and the design goes back to the mid-'70s. I'm amazed I was able to get it going again, frankly.