Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nova for sale- but only if quick!

Talking Nova for sale- but only if quick!

I have an opportunity to buy my first car back and can only consider it if I sell the Nova.
    There's no point me trying to decide this if it would take weeks to sell, but if someone here is after one,
    I would be looking to sell for 6k ONO

Registered as

Make: Nova,
    Body type: Sports,
    Historic tax status and MOT exempt.

1600cc twin port VW engine, electric pump, adjustable fuel regulator, new fuel pipes/filter
    new plugs.

Starts and runs, would drive but brakes need complete overhaul.

Floorpan is excellent, no rust, and no rust on any other metal. Fibreglass very good, obviously needs respray.

Roof goes up and down.

Windscreen is perfect.

All lights need wiring, wipers.

Interior has Spitfire seats recovered, lots of work done, new gold Secron belts,
    period radio, it's starting to look nice inside but needs finishing...

The whole car needs finishing off all around but is a light project.

Don't mind if it sells, very happy to keep, but buying my first car back (GT6) is a one off opportunity
    for me hence quick sale needed! I am 15 mins from Reading Berkshire, UK.
    PM me if interested.

If not, no worries!IMG_1400.jpgIMG_1403.jpgIMG_1268.jpg
    Last edited by novanewbie17; 16-06-2019 at 08:53 AM.

I doubt it would take too much work to get it on the road. Big plusses are the 1600 TP engine, intact screen, and interesting wheels. Downside is the need for a respray and wiring. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more photos?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    A GT6 was the first car I ever restored back in 1989, and sold it in 1991 due to work.
    However, due to the power of the internet I have recently traced it, and it is still being loved, by someone who was not yet born when I sold it! 😂
    Fully understand you wanting to get it, for I would love my old one back 👍

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    I never had a GT6 but I remember lusting after them for a few years before I first saw a Nova 'in the flesh'. I wish you well NN17 ... whichever way fate takes you

Funny you should mentioned the GT6 and Nova in the same thread...Cimbria in my case. I just went the other way with it.

http://www.sterlingkitcars.com/membe...5-2016-142.jpg

I bought the GT6 anyway! I may be able to keep the Nova though if I sell one of my MGs,
    which is likely.

Phil - the interesting wheels are I believe Appliance- they are 14" and the tyres
    are 225 60 14. They need replacing and I'm thinking 225 70 14 for the rear, which
    I have seen available- these will fill out the arch more. The higher walled 80 profile
    seem to be mostly listed as van tyres. I like the higher profile-
    it's a classic scalextric car look!
    Last edited by novanewbie17; 16-06-2019 at 09:01 AM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    That's great NN17 .... a win, win!
    Gonna post some photos of your GT6 to let us see what your Nova was competing against?

Hope you manage to sell one of your MG's instead of your Nova. Sounds like you've got quite a collection going on there.

Alistair

My brother and I had a MGB GT, that was a money pit!

Only vehicles I would love to re-own would be my 1988 Skoda cab' "Skippy" the only beige car with beige interior instead of black and my 1969 Lambretta SX200, now worth, not the 300 I paid but 7,500.
    Sometimes I think our recollection of thing past are clouded with nostalgia rather than reality.

Skippy.jpg20.jpg
    Last edited by Peter; 16-06-2019 at 01:38 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by novanewbie17 View Post
    I bought the GT6 anyway! I may be able to keep the Nova though if I sell one of my MGs,
    which is likely.

Phil - the interesting wheels are I believe Appliance- they are 14" and the tyres
    are 225 60 14. They need replacing and I'm thinking 225 70 14 for the rear, which
    I have seen available- these will fill out the arch more. The higher walled 80 profile
    seem to be mostly listed as van tyres. I like the higher profile-
    it's a classic scalextric car look!
    They are also more comfortable! I have 60s and great look, 40 on the Mercedes A170, hard and uncomfortable as hell.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by novanewbie17 View Post
    which is likely.
    Great news NN - I too would recommend you ditch the MG in favour of the Nova. If at some point in the future you feel the need you can easily obtain another MG, even one made from 100% brand new parts. The same cannot be said for the Nova, sadly, which will continue to become rarer and rarer...

Besides, I was looking forward to following your "NovaMiura" rebuild thread
    only Pythagoras can save me now!