Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic Alfa Trackday, Goodwood

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Giles - I have actually taken out the rear window tunnel and driven around to see if it helps the airflow. It didn't work for me . The holes in the side windows were a bit of an emergency thing, with the MoT date set I needed some effective ventilation in case it chucked it down (which it did), and I reasoned I could always replace the side windows later if necessary. For the moment they are working fine, so I can take my time planning a more permanent solution. Watch this space!

As for the Alfa thing, I suppose you are right, and it is one of the reasons why I have not put Alfa badges on the car. It isn't an Alfa Romeo, was not designed or built by Alfa Romeo and is not endorsed by the factory either. That said, I have had nothing but support and encouragement from the AROC (which also includes other kit cars like the Minari and Milano) and also the guys on the CAF forum and many of the people at the trackday were AROC members and are familiar with the Nova, which is why I was permitted to join the parade lap.

OK, it's true, I did get the Nova into Supercar Sunday once. It wouldn't be allowed today of course...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Haha - there must have been a dopey marshall on the gate that you managed to con!

I know you've contributed a lot to the Alfa forum over many years so I guess you're part of the gang. That must feel great when you meet a load of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    OK, it's true, I did get the Nova into Supercar Sunday once. It wouldn't be allowed today of course...
    Yep, those days are long gone - but for a while Nova's did qualify :-)

3607656035_b0409719d5_b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NovaF4 View Post
    Haha - there must have been a dopey marshall on the gate that you managed to con!
    Probably the same one that turned away a brand new Lexus LFA because it looked too "normal" to be a supercar. Advantage Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Probably the same one that turned away a brand new Lexus LFA because it looked too "normal" to be a supercar. Advantage Nova
    He knew it was just a ponced up MITSUBISHI
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Here are some of the images snapped by Ken Carrington of the Nova on the way round the parade lap. Hopefully my presence on track hasn't proved to be too big an embarrassment

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Great shots Lauren! It makes all the difference to see the Green Machine moving rather than 'static' shots .... maybe a wee video next time?

Alistair

Fabulous photos Lauren
    It's great to see pictures of member cars, I never tire of looking at them. I wish more would post up pictures more often
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns