Thread: Deers Hut Classic Car Show

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Deers Hut Classic Car Show

I went to this local show last Sunday. Weather was pretty poor to start off with, but improved through the day. After my trip to Goodwood the day before I noticed a small oil drip under the car, and fearing the worst had a good crawl around underneath before setting off. Fortunately it was only the engine sump plug weeping slightly, pretty much the only thing I haven't touched during this rebuild!

Anyway, here are a few highlights...

As you can see, I haven't sealed the headlamp covers. the moisture soon burns away once the lights are on...

My old Baccaruda had a luggage rack, but I never had an aluminium top box made for it...

Road spec Ginetta looks very civilised compared to its kit car roots...

One of only 4 Reliant works Sabre 4 competition cars in existence...

Borgward Isabella anyone?

Always liked the little Opel GT...

2-door Cortina Mk3, get in!

I couldn't tell if this was a 914/4 or a 914/6, but it had all the right sporty credentials... Nice colour too

'64 Builck Wildcat hardtop - Hurst equipped, no less. 455 cubic inches of brute force - I love it!

So that was it. The Green Machine seemed to go down well with the crowds, I got my picture in the local rag and everyone approved of the interior work; "it looks very 1970s" - praise doesn't come much higher than that

'Til next time,

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    love the fact you can just see the Nova behind the Buick; it would probably fit in the trunk!

Some fabulous cars there. The Opel GT was one of my favourites (the new Mazda MX5 hardtop convertible puts me in mind of it), the VW Porsche is the Nova's Cousin. And who wouldn't want a Karmann Ghia today? I had three different MK3 Cortinas back in the day (None of them 2 door) it felt like the height of luxury as my first car was a Mini .

But best of the lot must be the green Nova
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    love the fact you can just see the Nova behind the Buick; it would probably fit in the trunk!
    I think you are right Martin - it was mahoosive . In fact, the owner had to move the car forwards a couple of feet so that the hordes could continue to peer at my engine bay!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Some fabulous cars there. But best of the lot must be the green Nova
    I couldn't agree more Phill - still the car of the show for me

Thanks for sharing some of the show Lauren. The Nova looks great. Here's to more show posts as I've missed them.

Thanks Giles - I should be able to get about a bit more once I have changed the cam belts and rebuilt the carbs. For the moment I am keeping it local...