Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 914 engine for sale on Ebay

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

So as a 1641cc A&A kit was the largest without engineering needed I went for that, but also worked out that to get near the 100BHP I would need to 'upgrade' the internals for performance stuff in order to stay well with the reliability band at higher RPM..

To save space I give the link to my engine page.

https://ukhozi.page.tl/Engine.htm
    Just had a look at your engine page on "ukhozi" Peter ... very shiny!

You need to get the car back on the road and start using that engine!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    After my 'normal' 1600 T1 died due to ingress I looked at several options and taking into account power to weight ratio etc and what I expected to be doing on a daily basis I decided 100 BHP was enough without sacrificing reliability but that came at a price of over 2,000€ on internals plus upgrading the DRLA 36 to 44s and a LOT of physical effort (and a dead Dremal) porting the new big valve 044 heads.

So as a 1641cc A&A kit was the largest without engineering needed I went for that, but also worked out that to get near the 100BHP I would need to 'upgrade' the internals for performance stuff in order to stay well with the reliability band at higher RPM..

One thing led to another but I am confident I now have a bullet proof motor with high performance capabilities (If I choose to use it).

To save space I give the link to my engine page.
    https://ukhozi.page.tl/Engine.htm

Very nice mate,