Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More log on time

Must be something in the system here, I’m looking in to it.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm, I visit this website from work using Chrome and from home on Firefox
    I don't get logged out on either.

Ironicaly, I used to get this problem a couple of years ago, but not any more!

This is a cookies issue, right?
    The cookie containing your user/password (stored on your own device) is being deleted/invalidated for security reasons, or because your security/privacy/history settings are too tight?

If it was a generic issue with this website it would be affecting me as well. It isn't.

[...]

As a further test I have waited 40 minutes before hitting 'Submit'
    So if you can see this message, I am not hitting 'time limits' when writing a post.

Not had log out problems although the blerb wot I wrote had to cut in half hen I updated it.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

That rules out a site issue Steve, thanks.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hmmm, I visit this website from work using Chrome and from home on Firefox
    I don't get logged out on either.

Ironicaly, I used to get this problem a couple of years ago, but not any more!

This is a cookies issue, right?
    The cookie containing your user/password (stored on your own device) is being deleted/invalidated for security reasons, or because your security/privacy/history settings are too tight?

If it was a generic issue with this website it would be affecting me as well. It isn't.

[...]

As a further test I have waited 40 minutes before hitting 'Submit'
    So if you can see this message, I am not hitting 'time limits' when writing a post.
    I'm exactly the same as Steve on both my phone and laptop.
    Alistair

its very odd; i go to the what's new and open items in a new tab until I have all the items I need to catch up on. Then when going to a tab it all seems fine, then I click on an image to see the larger view and initially its ok; then I go to the next tab and might do the same - but click on an image and it comes up with 'you do not have the permisions...' etc. an F5 shows it as being logged out...
    This morning I went back to the first tab (what's new) and did an F5 refresh and it seems at the top it says I'm still logged in. going back to the tab I had not permissions for and then do an F5, it seems to log me back in again. At least that what happened so far this morning!

Was logged out when hit submit; back to first tab F5 and I was logged out again, really no idea as this was fine last week with no issues?

Logged in again, back to this tab and a refresh posted my submission here.

Any ideas on what could have changed?

I will have to try thius again at the weekend when I am at home on the PC to see if there is any difference!
    Last edited by MartinB; 04-07-2019 at 06:17 AM.