Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebay nova

Looks to be a Mk4 or has Mk 4 bits....
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Interesting find Kev, not been many for sale for a while.
    Key questions are what state the chassis is in, and whether or not it's got a V5. Could be a very interesting project for someone though!

Alistair

I agree that you would need to know IF the car has history.
    Has it been on the road before with V5 and taken apart to restore.
    You would need an itinerary of the parts that come with the car, for we all know, some parts are difficult to find !!
    Interior shots would help with the sale ..

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hmm. It's a Mk1 body I think, with a later Mk4 (Sam Cobley era) rear panel. Also has more than its fair share of Mk1 side pockets (3???), and at least one Mk3/4 large side pocket as well.

I'm loving the gold centre on the slot mag, not sure how many are in this condition though. And some indication that the screen is intact would be helpful. Could be a good project for someone...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    It looks like there is a number plate in the red box? that might be a start.

Dirk

From looking closely, it appears the car has had a heavy impact on the offside front judging from all the cracking in the nose and wing area.
    I also think the rear panel is a mould of a Mk4 panel, not an original.
    Just my observations ...........

I wonder what horrors are lurking under that tarpaulin?...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Yeah this car has some issues visible in the pics, and probably a few issues that aren't visible,
    but assuming it has a V5C, it seems like a basket-case Nova rebuild, much like any other,
    I reckon that *most* cars that come up for sale are similar, requiring full-on body removal rebuilds.

So if the floorpans are gone, it's a ~relatively easy fix on a bare chassis,
    a decent fibre glass shop will flip the body over and repair that front-end damage - no probs.

In view of this, if you are thinking of bidding, it's probably worth viewing this vehicle,
    or at least requesting some additional pics,
    if the windscreen is ok (not delaminated) I would consider a <2k punt on it.
    Don't expect the next 'basket-case' that appears to be much better.

Just my 002

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    I see that the ebay 'basket case' that Kev brought to our attention didn't attract any bids. I'm surprised.

You can find it here ... but scroll down to see the original advert!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nova-kit-...p2047675.l2557

If anyone's still thinking about a project why don't you get in touch with the seller, find out about the chassis, V5 and historic frontal damage and make an offer? The seller's added a couple of photos without the tarpaulin over the windscreen, and unfortunately the windscreen doesn't look great!! However, that affects the value so why not make him/her an offer that reflects that ....

If I didn't already have a Nova I'd certainly find out more about this one because they're getting fewer and fewer ....

Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 09-07-2019 at 11:24 PM.