Thread: Avante history, ownership

Avante history, ownership

Hi all,
    For purely curiosity sake who can provide a short history on the Avante? Is the designer still around? Are there still production rights somewhere?

Yes, read into it what you want..

If the planets align... there may be future Avante offerings, hence my asking...

Rick

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I'm not sure there is anyone on here now with much knowledge of the history, there was a guy on here some years back Dave was his name I can not remember his forum name that had a web site with a bit of history about the cars he also had a MK2 not as nice as the MK1, I think he also bought the Alto (horrible looking car) and he had the molds for the MK2 his web site has long since gone, but I do have a contact number if you want to try.

There is a German/Dutch? wikipeda site here ( with a couple of pics of my car from Stones)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avante_Cars

He says there where 30 made I have a database that can account for about 20 of which only 3 are on the road in the UK, the last 3 road worthy sort off have all gone abroad, 1 in France 1 to Holland and the other to Germany.

I really don't think there would be any production rights or ownership of the car make model name what ever, but I do not think that would be an issue as if anyone was going to produce the car again, it would be done so differently that only the outer shape would be similar. The fiberglass would be thicker to support itself without the need for the stupid steel sub-frame / body supports.

Dirk

I have an avante
    Is it possible they had any marks to know what number car it was.
    May even help me to find its reg

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I have had 3 bodies over the years and each one was slightly different, but no there are no markings or plates.

Dirk