Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi from South Germany

Great news - looking forward to hearing more
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Seems to be the secret of Nova ownership ... an understanding wife!

Best of luck Mario ... looking forward to seeing and hearing more

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Seems to be the secret of Nova ownership ... an understanding wife!
    But where do you get one of those from? - they're rarer than Nova's themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    But where do you get one of those from? - they're rarer than Nova's themselves...
    Sorry guys, but this one understanding wife is already mine...

Background story is, that I promised her to finish her 1976 Beetle first. So you see, she was bitten by a sort of bug, too.

So here's the bad news: I won't buy the red Nova either...

Reason is, after a further check of our financial situation we realised, that in a bad case my wife will earn about 900,-€ less a month from september on. And as I have to take care of a family with 3 kids, I just can't spent 10000,-€ via loan unless the "normal living" is secured. Sounds like I'm reaching adulthood finally...

The red Nova is without doubt a good offer, even though it would've taken time to get it look and work the way I wanted it, but that's common with Novas, right?

So I will concentrate on my wife's Beetle first and "family projects" and save as much money as possible and one day I will buy one.

If you all don't mind I'd like to stay in the forum. I could post Beetle related stuff that affects the Nova, too. Like engine overhaul for instance.

Cheers Mario, the Nova dreamer

That's a shame but possibly a wise decision. The Nova isn't really a practical car. Fine as a weekend toy but not really a daily driver (though I did use my first one as a daily driver back in the 80's - but then that's probably the real reason why I ended up selling it as I needed something more practical at the time and couldn't afford to keep it as a second car).

In my case I bought my current car as a basket case "project" more than 10 years ago simply because it became available at the time for a rock bottom price. As time went on I was able to restore it (though the cost of restoration was spread over many years and it's still very much an ongoing project). Perhaps if something similar crops up you can snap it up and set it to one side to rebuild once your wifes Beetle is finished?

I really hope you stay with the forum and would be very interested in seeing you do a beetle engine overhaul.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    As Phill says sounds like a wise decision, I have bought cars and projects in the past that I could not really afford and in time you come to despise them and it takes away all the fun. Try and save or find a cheap one to do up.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Mario,

I agree with Phill and Dirk ...

Why not speak to kdnova in England who I think still has a road going, (albeit right hand drive) for sale for less than the prices you were considering.

Or if you're up for what we call a 'basket case' project (ie basically starting from scratch) speak to Nuno in Portugal who I think still has the stripped Mk1 yellow Nova that he bought in one piece in Scotland? It'll be a lot cheaper than kdnova's road going Nova.

Just look for their posts in the for sale section of the forum and send them a pm.

Edit:-

*** (and I see Rabs in England still has his road going Nova for sale ... see his post which is 2 above this one) ***

And if neither of these cars is available, or suitable, don't give up because something will come along eventually ... keep that dream alive!

Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 07-08-2019 at 01:42 PM.