View Poll Results: Which is the best engine for a swap ?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • EJ25 Turbo

0 0%
  • 13B Turbo

1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13B-REW vs EJ25 Turbo: Which is the better swap ?

Hi Ryosuke; welcome to the forum.

When did you first get interested in the car, have you seen them at the shows?

If you are thinking of getting one to rebuild (unless you have one already?), then I agree it would be a good idea to see if you can find someone on here who can take you for a spin! Mine originally had a 1600 beetle engine and was sheer fun to drive, I found you could go round roundabouts (sometimes sideways) that would really panic your passenger. With a big grin on the drivers face `¬)

Obviously not up to todays GTI / hot hatch standards, but then its more about the fun of the drive!

I hope you find what you are looking for, but if you are looking for a modern performance car then (unless you have more money than most), the Nova is probably not it?

I hope you become a Nova owner, and you will discover the fun of the car; it certainly attracts a lot of attention!

Hi Ryosuke; I really like the VW Bug, it has a gorgeous little engine, so special in many ways in terms of design, simplicity, light weight, reliability, part of the appeal of the car. It is a Porsche designed engine and went into the 356. You can lift the engine on your own. There are also gorgeous carburettor options for the engine. I have Twin Solex's not fitted yet but which look cool. Peter's engine spec is amazing and fun to read. Back in the day my dad had a new Karmann Ghia with a supercharger fitted. Mum said it was a bit unstable at high speed but it did go so is one option that should be simple. The Nova is now a historic vehicle, and I like the idea of using period goodies. About ballast, has someone fitted the battery in the very nose of the car? That might make a difference. Many racers move batteries to the rear in front engined cars. Many years ago there was an EV Nova conversion well before Tesla I think.

I want to chime in here and add that no question is a stupid question, you are welcome to ask what you need to.
    Yes, there is a search function but sometimes people prefer to ask their question in their own way, this is something that will always be allowed here.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    I want to chime in here and add that no question is a stupid question, you are welcome to ask what you need to.
    Yes, there is a search function but sometimes people prefer to ask their question in their own way, this is something that will always be allowed here.
    Very true.
    I believe many of us wished to share our opinions and beliefs on matters and offer a potential solution to information that even we may have forgotten.

I love my Subaru EJ20 2.0litre naturally aspirated lump.

Discussed turbo engines at the time with the engine fitters and we agreed it would be too much power in the Nova. They had a demo VW split screen pick up with a turbo lump in it - crazy fast and lots of work done to strengthen the chassis to avoid flexing/twisting.

As has been said already the Nova is light. I have tested the legs of mine a little and know I am not close to the top speed, so happy with my choice :-)
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Quote Originally Posted by John90 View Post
    Hi Ryosuke; I really like the VW Bug, it has a gorgeous little engine, so special in many ways in terms of design, simplicity, light weight, reliability, part of the appeal of the car. It is a Porsche designed engine and went into the 356. You can lift the engine on your own. There are also gorgeous carburettor options for the engine. I have Twin Solex's not fitted yet but which look cool. Peter's engine spec is amazing and fun to read. Back in the day my dad had a new Karmann Ghia with a supercharger fitted. Mum said it was a bit unstable at high speed but it did go so is one option that should be simple. The Nova is now a historic vehicle, and I like the idea of using period goodies. About ballast, has someone fitted the battery in the very nose of the car? That might make a difference. Many racers move batteries to the rear in front engined cars. Many years ago there was an EV Nova conversion well before Tesla I think.
    There is an EV Stirling in the States but unfortunately the Stirling forum is no more. their loss our (Brett) gain.
    There is an electric SS developed by 'true Cousins? in Belgium but it really just a copy shell over a bloody fast EV, currently the fastest EV. Basically a big tube with a motor at the front and a diff at the rear.
    Many people thought that converting a car to electric was just a case of swapping the engine/transmission for an electric motor and stuffing batteries in every place possible, and as many found out, not so.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    ... but unfortunately the Stirling forum is no more...
    Actually, http://www.sterlingkitcars.com/members_n_forums/ is back up and running