Thread: SS for sale ... but help needed on value

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar

SS for sale ... but help needed on value

Unfinished Ford based SS on Facebook ... owner looking for advice on what it's worth if anyone (eg Peter?) can help?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1284...3580017393147/

Cheers, Alistair

Clearly a MkII Ford SS of about 1985/87 going by the nose and the early bonnet bump, engine Ford Pinto 1600 and donor based on a Cortina, possible a MkIII.
    Unfortunately it is worth more as Cortina parts than as an Eagle SS as it would require passing the ITV.
    Also the pictures ask more questions than give answers, wheels, rear lights, (I see one headlight but Land Rover MkII wiper motor for lifter missing). Screen and other glass condition. Diff fitted? tank fitted? Electrics?

I used to get all twisted up at the thought of another SS getting chopped but as new ones are possible from Poly Creations (VW based anyway), not so much these days.

To get that on the road would be a minimum of 2K and a lot of work over possible two or three years.

On Ebay, 300 to 500. Stripped and sold in bits, both SS and Ford Cortina, 500-700.
    Last edited by Peter; 18-08-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Thanks Peter. Very helpful as always! I'll pass that information on to the owner.
    Alistair