Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road going Nova for sale

Road going Nova for sale

As seen earlier I amoffering my Nova for sale.
    It is running anddriving ….. a little scruffy around the edges but requires nothingas it is running and driving.
    Reason for sale ….Last year I had an accident on my Motorcycle in France and was welland truly busted up Now I cannot get into the car or drive due to myleft leg, I also have vision problems (i.e. I cannot see out of myright eye)
    I cannot use tools as Ihave very reduced feeling in my Right hand and no strength in thatarm.
    I am also selling mynew (replacement) Motorcycle, Triumph Sprint 900 for the samereason's.

The Nova
    I have fitted a towhitch and it comes with a trailer which is wired just for the nova,and is full of spare bit's (see attached list) True she needs are-spray and a good polish. I also have some “unfinished”projects which come with the car.
    I have modified lot'son the car and will explain and point it out should someone want tohave a look
    It is very hard to puta price on this, to me it is worth a lot more that I was asking(£6K) but the only response I have had so far is 'It's a littlemore than I expected to pay' THEREFOR what would you expect to payfor a road going Nova. I don't know I have not seen any on line anddon't know.

The car is in Devon(only just in Devon) EX144UU in the village of Dunkeswell the car isnow outside the garage where anyone can see it should they like topop round and have a look I am home most days as I don't get out muchnow can't really drive or use the bike.

Spare components

1600CC VWair cooled (new pistons and heads) New starter and Alternator
    Gearbox + 1shaft with brake drum brake shoes
    2 wheels(no tires)
    SparkriteSX2000 Mk2 Electronic ignition (one on the car and one in a box)
    New(replacement) number plate (Silver on Black)
    1 bag ofspare relays
    Fule sender(for inside the tank, New and unused.
    Door seal(for canopy\
    32/36 Webbercarb with manifold
    Alternatorpost new never been used (it has been fitted but never run)
    Box of NewHead lights (from a smart coup not fitted )
    5 spray cansof the correct paint
    1 Box offibreglass fittings (to enhance the appearance of the car …. or soI am told)
    2 sidefillets which fit insiide the car on the roof to cover the rooffixing bo lts
    Sun roof.Will not fit this nova, will require a bit of work.
    Variousbit'sI have collected over the years which can be used on the Nova
    Monza 4 into2 exhaust system
    Digitaldashboard complete unit unfinished project
    rear viewcamera unfinished project
    View screenfor above 7” satnav with GPS.

Rear view.jpgFront view.jpgDashboard 1.jpg3236 webber carb.jpgDashboard 1.jpgFitted engine.jpg

Nova for sale

I could not find a way to download photos correctly but here are some more for you to look at
    Trailer with bits.jpgWiper power supply switches.jpgSeats embroidered.jpgAux shitches and drivers pocket.jpg

The photo of the trailer has all the spare bits except the wheels in it I could not fit them in
    The wiper poser supply iis so that there are no wires hanging from the wiper motor to get cough up when opening / closing the door
    07412713461 is my mobile 01404 892709 is the house phone

Are you lumping the spares in with the car ?

1600 Beetle engines are going for £1000+ on ebay at the moment.
    If you take all of the spares into consideration, the car might only be counting for £3500 of your 6k asking price.

If you are not getting much interest, it might be worth selling the spares off seperately.

As you say, I havent seen a road going nova for sale for a while and they are fetching decent money when they do.

While I love the car, my current financial state leaves me out of the running and the best I can do is cheer on the lucky buyer. I know at least two people sent in inquiries, didn't either of those pan out?
    G

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Rabs,

If it helps re what your Nova (and spares) are worth, here are details of a couple of Novas which were sold in 2018 ....

1. Black road going Nova in Dublin (asking 6000 euros, but don't know what it sold for). The seller was 'clivenova' on the Forum. If he still drops in from time to time he might be able to give you more info ...

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post126510

2. Red/black 'Rat' Nova from Wales on eBay (winning bid was £5685). This Nova had a VW engine and was running, but it wasn't taxed or MOT'd

Rat Nova sold in 2018.jpg

Neither of these Novas came with as many spares as yours.

I was sorry to hear why you're selling, but wish you best of luck with your sale!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    What it is worth is always difficult as road going cars do not come up very often and when they do there is always that element of the standard of finish. I think most if not all of the finished on the road cars that have come up for sale in the last few years have left the UK. I would stick it on Ebay with a £6k reserve if it doesn't hit the £6k at least you will see what the highest price might have been.

Dirk

Chris
    Yes .... all the spares are in the trailer ready to go with the car.
    Rabs

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBailey View Post
    Are you lumping the spares in with the car ?

1600 Beetle engines are going for £1000+ on ebay at the moment.
    If you take all of the spares into consideration, the car might only be counting for £3500 of your 6k asking price.

If you are not getting much interest, it might be worth selling the spares off seperately.

As you say, I havent seen a road going nova for sale for a while and they are fetching decent money when they do.

OK, so I am the one who said it was a little more than I expected to pay. I am not looking for a trailer of spares though that is certainly a big plus. I missed the black one, Clive's Nova. It had lots of things I really liked, and by the time I was in a position to pounce it was reserved the day before. You know, when you have just missed out on something you really wanted... It wasn't as road ready as yours, and Clive didn't want me to drive it away for some reason though it did drive. Had he said it was OK to drive it would have been mine. So I was working out how to get there with a trailer etc. I do know what I was offered it for which was a bit less.

I am not saying your deal isn't worth £6K. I didn't want to start haggling because: O. It is not fair to mess people about. 1. I'm still sulking about missing Clives' Nova. 2. I am a bit busy at the moment. 3. I have no idea how much a 16OOcc engine is worth, or a used trailer. 4 There was a basket case on Facebook that went for 2K, and I do have a car trailer to collect it and a decent 13OOcc VW engine that I know is good. 5. I like welding.

What is very important to me is that the V5 has the correct info on it about the Nova, which yours has. You have got an attractive package all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by John90 View Post
    OK, so I am the one who said it was a little more than I expected to pay. I am not looking for a trailer of spares though that is certainly a big plus. I missed the black one, Clive's Nova. It had lots of things I really liked, and by the time I was in a position to pounce it was reserved the day before. You know, when you have just missed out on something you really wanted... It wasn't as road ready as yours, and Clive didn't want me to drive it away for some reason though it did drive. Had he said it was OK to drive it would have been mine. So I was working out how to get there with a trailer etc. I do know what I was offered it for which was a bit less.

I am not saying your deal isn't worth £6K. I didn't want to start haggling because: O. It is not fair to mess people about. 1. I'm still sulking about missing Clives' Nova. 2. I am a bit busy at the moment. 3. I have no idea how much a 16OOcc engine is worth, or a used trailer. 4 There was a basket case on Facebook that went for 2K, and I do have a car trailer to collect it and a decent 13OOcc VW engine that I know is good. 5. I like welding.

What is very important to me is that the V5 has the correct info on it about the Nova, which yours has. You have got an attractive package all in all.
    John, you may be able to get a rough idea of what the spares would cost on ebay, it takes a little effort, but its worth it.
    Overall, everything, including trailer and spares sounds very reasonable and if I had the money, I would have happily paid the asking price, no haggling.