Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road going Nova for sale

Quote Originally Posted by John90 View Post
    Phill & Islandman, have you seen that VW chassis posted today in the ebay section?
    One very important thing is to get a V5 with the right details (ie NOVA} on it, for each body you have in store. It can only get more difficult.
    Both my Chassis were changed to state 'Nova" as the make , so no issues there
    Last edited by islandman; 24-08-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    My understanding of the current rules are that you can still get away with re-bodying a standard Beetle and it is still road legal. Complications arise when you modify the floorpan (e.g lowering it or in the case of a beach buggy - shortening it). So a Nova today can still be built using a standard VW Beetle floorpan. If you look at the Buggy scene there a quite a few cars still registered as VW Beetles. It's only the ones with shortened Floorpans that have issues with registration. You would still need to get an MOT though since this would be deemed a major modification that has happened within the last 30 years.
    The debate as to whether lowered floor pans constitutes a change in the chassis when the "chassis" is actually the spine tube up to the frame head joint and the rear including the torsion tube and horns.
    My problem is that although it has been registered and as an Eagle SS, it doesn't have a homologation number or a proper 13 digit VIN, so causes problems and although already a legal road going vehicle will have to go for an individual vehicle test, despite EU rules that says, no state can impose retrospective conditions on a vehicle already legal in another state.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hang on a bit Peter. It has only been a year and 3 months!!!

There have been 4 for sale in that time, including this, that were close, including the "perfect" one I missed.

Talking about Unicorns, the one I would really like is a Gryff, the Swiss Nova. Does one still exist? Has anyone seen one? Phill & Islandman, have you seen that VW chassis posted today in the ebay section?
    One very important thing is to get a V5 with the right details (ie NOVA} on it, for each body you have in store. It can only get more difficult.
    There has seemed to be a 'glut' of Nova's in the last couple of years, but before that there was either nothing or very little for a long long time; I think owners recently have either cracked on and spent the time on projects while others have had a 'clear out'?
    I have wondered about getting a replacement body, but previusly nothing came up and I wouldn't want to take another project off the road unless it was a total basket case - which generally means the body isn't any better than the one I have. Not sure how much a new body would be from across the water...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    There has seemed to be a 'glut' of Nova's in the last couple of years, but before that there was either nothing or very little for a long long time; I think owners recently have either cracked on and spent the time on projects while others have had a 'clear out'?
    I have wondered about getting a replacement body, but previusly nothing came up and I wouldn't want to take another project off the road unless it was a total basket case - which generally means the body isn't any better than the one I have. Not sure how much a new body would be from across the water...
    From across the channel surely?
    https://www.poly-creation.eu/novaEng.htm

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Like I said, across the water... No prices on their site though... ?
    I'd like to keep mine original, but looking at the multitude of gel cracks needing repair!
    (It was side swiped by an Audi in the snow years ago - the front wing was repaired and was fine for a while, but now loads of gel cracks have appeared later all down the side and back `¬(

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Like I said, across the water... No prices on their site though... ?
    I'd like to keep mine original, but looking at the multitude of gel cracks needing repair!
    (It was side swiped by an Audi in the snow years ago - the front wing was repaired and was fine for a while, but now loads of gel cracks have appeared later all down the side and back `¬(
    Martin, there might be another option if you're considering going 'across the water' .... Nuno bought his Nova in Aberdeen, took it to London, then Portugal, where he dismantled her.

He was trying to sell her a few months ago and I've not heard whether or not he found a buyer ... but if he hasn't it might be worth you having a chat with him

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...va-mk1-kit-car

Cheers, Alistair

Hmm... not so sure! looking through the 'Find all the photos here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...ThHc3RHVVVVQ2M

Its a mkI (does that have less headroom?) and has some bodywork to sort too...
    Think I'd rather stay with the MkII, but thanks for pointing out the option `¬)

Maybe I'll post some pics of mine at some point for advice!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Martin, there might be another option if you're considering going 'across the water' .... Nuno bought his Nova in Aberdeen, took it to London, then Portugal, where he dismantled her.

He was trying to sell her a few months ago and I've not heard whether or not he found a buyer ... but if he hasn't it might be worth you having a chat with him

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...va-mk1-kit-car

Cheers, Alistair
    If Nuno has anything like the problems I have across the border in Spain it will not be on the road.

My nova

John
    Are you still interested .... I hope you received the photos I sent if Not please let me know
    RABS

Comparing it to an early Lotus, built in small numbers with a gorgeous engine, sharp design, etc. This would be like an early NOVA build, receipts for the kit, with a Porsche engine [356, 914 etc], twin carbs, Nova wheels, the original VW green logbook for the chassis, an old 70s V5 showing the engine number of the Porsche lump back in the day. All period 70s fittings, nice body a few cracks here and there but presentable. Not run for 25 years, lets say. I could see that selling for £15K as a project.