Thread: Name that kit

Name that kit

Purchased by someone in Texas who was asking me, who has no idea. It's on a shortened VW pan. The square/rectangular headlights made me think this was a UK based kit of some sort - so far nobody has been able to identify it. Any guesses?

2008387.jpg2008386.jpg2008385.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Rick - looks like quite a good looking machine. I can't say I have ever come across this design before, it is clearly intended for a VW floorpan with large offset wheels to fill the arches, buggy style.

It looks like the "missing link" between the Meyers Manx and the Nova, both of which were designed using beach buggy principles.

The quality of the finish suggests that it came out of a production mould, so unlikely to be a one-off special. As you say, the headlamp pods appear to be for European rectangular light units, although maybe some of the contemporary Jeep units might fit?

Any idea what windscreen was intended for it?
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Should have said Meyers Manx SR, rather than the conventional Manx buggy.
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Who knows, Lauren. This car is a complete mystery. Styling cues suggest it was late '70's design.. the windshield suspiciously looks Nova/Sterling shape-wise...

That is a strange one, not seen before. definitely 1970's Richard Oaks inspired styling but no doors? hop over side ?Dukes of Hazard ' entry with a targa top, possible gull wing windows?
    Screen certainly look Stirling/Nova-ish and for a VW, rear panel obviously designed as a two piece, possibly a defuser style.

I have looked up in my book of 70s kit cars and not a sausage. but I like it, I like it a lot. Pop a pair of Moon GT headlight pods in and good to go.

I am going to play with the image and see what it looks like finished, (if ANY of our cars ever are!).
    Last edited by Peter; 10-03-2020 at 12:40 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by letterman7 View Post
    Purchased by someone in Texas who was asking me, who has no idea. It's on a shortened VW pan. The square/rectangular headlights made me think this was a UK based kit of some sort - so far nobody has been able to identify it. Any guesses?

2008387.jpg2008386.jpg2008385.jpg
    Hi, there's some resemblance with the Swedisch Sethera Kit CarSethera.jpg
    Cheers,

Rob

Illegitimi non carborundum

1983 Nova GT Project , customized 1981 Honda CBX1000, 2008 Pontiac G8 6.0 GT