Thread: Nova for sale in Wales

Nova for sale in Wales

Nova for sale on Facebook Marketplace, link below:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8817505543027/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Interesting - it's a Mk1, looks like Elam era judging by the rear light panel and aftermarket seats. No windscreen which is a pity, but I can also see that the canopy has been modified to open light the Italian Pumas, hinges on the front corners and what look like gas rams to hold it up. Should work well with the T-handle latch at the back.

Obviously floorpan condition is unknown, which is a concern, especially with the windscreen out, but the bodywork looks pretty straight, albeit rather faded. Somebody should save it

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Dang! Too far away... A 13 hours trip, one way, for a car without screen, engine and the louvres isn't worth the effort. On the other hand the number of Novas offered here in Germany is close to zero in the past few months.
    Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
    Dang! Too far away... A 13 hours trip, one way, for a car without screen, engine and the louvres isn't worth the effort. On the other hand the number of Novas offered here in Germany is close to zero in the past few months.
    Well there will be less and less - and this one is not expensive...
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    Well there will be less and less - and this one is not expensive...
    Needs to be saved before it just ends up as scrap.

Nova for sale in Wales

Unfortunately already saved 2 this last year, and can’t risk the wrath of wife for a third one

Surely of historic interest only as new Novas are readily available from Belgium? cost of screen+ engine+etc makes it a expensive kit.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Surely of historic interest only as new Novas are readily available from Belgium? cost of screen+ engine+etc makes it a expensive kit.
    Behave! No wonder people get put off, lets bear in mind that most people looking for a Nova are not that young and have a bit of disposable income to play with.

NOW... How much is a body from the Belgium's?

You still need to source a screen

You still need to source a chassis

You will need to source an engine

You still need to source a gearbox

You still need to source wheels

You still need to source the front suspension.

Look at what this has... Body (may need some repairs)

Chassis

Wheels

Gearbox

Front suspension

So the logic is buy a new body plus everything else as this is too far gone?

People get het up about the cost of the front screen and as soon as they find that it is not great or missing then everything else is hopeless. Screens are available, yes a tad on the expensive side but are available, try buying just about any kit car body from the manufacturer and see what that alone costs, then add their screen of choice, I bet that it comes to less than the cost of a Nova screen.

Instead of doom and gloom on building a Nova, try a bit more optimism and maybe more will get completed.

Yes I know a lot of people have big ideas and cars don't always get completed but always [pointing out the negatives doesn't help things.

Sorry to rant but this is why I don't often post and will probably log off again as biting my tongue is not one of my best features and I don't want people to get offended, but in accurate or poorly researched information and doom and gloom just does me in.

I will look in as I did before, loving the fact that there are a load of builds going on and that this site is doing well.

I WAS referring to the price of a KIT, not the restoration, sorry if I got it wrong, please read my signature for clarification. . You quite rightly highlight the cost of a new kit which even using a VW donor can easily run to 12K with a restoration being a lot less, but not a lot .

Of course restoring a vehicle can be a lot less work and expense than a new one with all you rightly mentioned and also a lot more rewarding.

It may be a surprise to many that over 60% of kits, (apart from track day) never get finished or are butchered beyond hope. Many a case of "Big idea, NO idea".

I must applaud the Nova owners for the many first class restorations and builds on-going. There surely must be an explosion of cars hitting the road soon.

Good rant though.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

You're right BBC. We should be more optimistic. Instead of "Dang! That's too far." I should've said "If this would be around here, say 400 km, I'd surely have a look and probably buy it."
    I had in mind that just a few days ago that Scottish Nova was sold for just 1500,- more with perfect screen, engine, spare engine, mint interior and so on. So THAT was a good offer.

Someone shoud save the Walsh Nova, but it'll not be me. Unfortunately...
    Never give up!