Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete Kit Car VW Special

Aww gee Thanks Alistair for letting me take my tatty old, driven every day for the last 10 years, attended carfest for 6 years straight, only been on a trailer when it broke down from being used as car rather than an ornament.

That is what I was going to say, but I will rise above such things and be one of the few owners that actually turn up to events, even if the car is ruff and ready.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Aww gee Thanks Alistair for letting me take my tatty old, driven every day for the last 10 years, attended carfest for 6 years straight, only been on a trailer when it broke down from being used as car rather than an ornament.

That is what I was going to say, but I will rise above such things and be one of the few owners that actually turn up to events, even if the car is ruff and ready.

Bushboy
    I didn't mean to cause offence Bushboy. I know you're probably pulling my leg, but you did say in your 1st post that "as there are other much prettier examples out there I will happily stand aside"

However, I'd prefer to see you and a prettier example, maybe even a Princess represent our particular VW based kit.

Don't get me wrong, I totally get where you're coming from ... how many other owners use their cars as daily drivers, come what may?

I was simply suggesting that you and Mark together could really show how the Nova and its Worldwide derivatives have been at the forefront of kit car development.

Looking forward to seeing CKC with the 2 of you flying the flag!

Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 28-08-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Bushboy

Mark knows both myself and Dave mean no offense ( he is just an easy target) ;-), and both his and Jim's cars are I think the best examples of our cars that I have ever seen, and I agree that the Princes should try and attend to show what is possible and raise the profile of the car.

Dirk

Calm down.. Calm down...I'm prepared to undertake such an arduous Journey to represent the Marque in my car (which is just as pretty as Marks (unlike Bushboys "Tatty old Eureka") yet actually gets driven from time to time)....

..er.. that's assuming it can actually get there and doesn't break down again..
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Alistair, I will now call you Ilean as one of your legs is now longer than the other.

Yes the princess, trailered or driven to the photo shoot, would be a better option than the Eureka. I will turn up if no one else is willing to lob up in a Nova. We must do what we can to promote our chosen passion and MUST have an example for the shoot.

Come on troops, some one out there must have a more photographic example.

Phil, we could make a road trip out of it, I'll drive up to Scotland and follow you to the shoot with a tow rope!!

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Alistair, I will now call you Ilean as one of your legs is now longer than the other.

Yes the princess, trailered or driven to the photo shoot, would be a better option than the Eureka. I will turn up if no one else is willing to lob up in a Nova. We must do what we can to promote our chosen passion and MUST have an example for the shoot.

Come on troops, some one out there must have a more photographic example.

Phil, we could make a road trip out of it, I'll drive up to Scotland and follow you to the shoot with a tow rope!!

Bushboy
    That's brilliant Bushboy! Hahaha ... I wish both my legs were longer (I'm just a wee chap!) ... can you pull the other one too?

I know you're joking, but if there's any possibility of you driving up to Scotland and following Phill to the shoot I'd love to come along too!

Seriously, I really do think you should take the Reek even if a 'UK' Nova goes too ... ie the International angle I mentioned previously.

Cheers, Ilean