Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Kit Car VW Special

Complete Kit Car VW Special

G'day all,

Need to act quick on this one. I have provisionally said the Eureka will be avaliable on the 23rd &/or 24th. However as there are other much pretier examples out there I will happily stand aside.

Email contents below.

Hi Martin,

I hope you’re well.

I’m Jack the editorial assistant at Complete Kit Car. James Horsley gave me your contact as he says your the guy to ask about an upcoming feature in the magazine.

Basically we’re planning a Volkswagen Beetle based kit car group test and shoot and of course we’d need to have a Nova on the day to join the Beach Buggies, Porsche Replicas and various other kits on the day.

We haven’t got a date or venue set yet as we’re awaiting response from several clubs. But the date we’re aiming for is in late September (19,20,23rd or 24th is when our photographer is free).

If you could put me in contact with as many Nova owners as possible? (It’s rare that the first owner is able to do the same date and venue as all the others) That would be great.
    These days are usually great fun for owners andin addition to getting their cars featured inthe magazine (each car will get its own spread, as well asa place inthe group shoot), we will also provide lunch on the day as well as allthe professional photos fromthe day (as soon asthe magazine hits the shelves).

If the club could help and advise us, it would be greatly appreciated. And of course we would give you a good plug in the feature.

Many thanks,

Jack

PM me if you can commit to any of the dates & I will reply with Jacks email.

Cheers

Bushboy

"Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    How I wish my Nova was road going!! ... however, in the meantime I can't wait to see the relevant edition of CKC!!

Hopefully several will be able to attend!

Alistair

I think they are only after 1 of each type of VW based kit.

So Dirk, If you are available with your Avante, Rarer than the Nova!

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I have nothing planned for those days (other than work) but as that is boring count me in if they want me.

Dirk

Damn, I wish I was in the UK as would have loved to attend, unfortunately I'm in Japan that week so can't squeeze a trip back (would have been a nice excuse to get some work done on the car)

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a job for you, Buffy ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Sounds like a job for you, Buffy ;-)
    Did they say they allow trailers.....I mean the Princess only travels in style right

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Did they say they allow trailers.....I mean the Princess only travels in style right

LOL

You beat me to it.

I was going to say he would need to check the availability of the enclosed trailer, and would want confirmation that the Princess would have hard standing to be parked on so as not to get her boots dirty oh and a gazebo just in case it rains

Dirk

Blog Entries
    You should rise above all this Mark; trailer or no trailer you have one of the best cars around, I look forward to seeing it featured the Mag ;-)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    You should rise above all this Mark; trailer or no trailer you have one of the best cars around, I look forward to seeing it featured the Mag ;-)
    I have to agree with you Steve ...

Given the profile of CKC and the fact that few Novas have been completed to a high standard over the years, this is a fantastic opportunity to show the modern day potential of the Nova. Bushboy could still go in his Eureka to make the point that the basic design enjoyed success in many different variations Worldwide.

Come to think of it, this would also be a good opportunity to make CKC aware of Phill’s book about the Nova and its derivatives around the World, etc. For those who aren't aware, the title of Phill's book is "The Nova/Sterling/Eureka Kit Car" and underneath the title it states "(A.K.A. The Sebring, Cimbria, Sovran, Puma, Totem, Eagle, Scorpion, Ledl, Defi, Gryff and Tarantula)"

Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 28-08-2019 at 06:04 PM.