Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complete Kit Car VW Special

I have only just seen this thread, and read back through the previous comments ! If I had known I would have booked a trailer !!

The Princess is coming out of retirement having been left whilst I build the lomax !!

Dirk, your car looks stunning, and you have achieved so much with it that the car deserves the attention.

Well done ....

Well done Dirk - looking forward to reading this when the magazine comes out. I would love to have taken part but do not yet have the confidence in my car to drive it so far and do not have access to a towcar to allow me to hire a trailer
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

looking good, so was the run done with the new calipers?

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I have only just seen this thread, and read back through the previous comments ! If I had known I would have booked a trailer !!

The Princess is coming out of retirement having been left whilst I build the lomax !!

Dirk, your car looks stunning, and you have achieved so much with it that the car deserves the attention.

Well done ....

The driving shots would have been interesting they would have had to photo shop the trailer out

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    looking good, so was the run done with the new calipers?

Unfortunately not I was hoping to get them in at the weekend but the pads still haven't arrived

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    The driving shots would have been interesting they would have had to photo shop the trailer out

Dirk
    🖕😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Crikey Dirk - when I think back to what you started with, and what you have now, I can't imagine your car will be anywhere near the bottom of the pile when it comes to driving experience!

You've got good visibility front and side, and rear three-quarters is better than most exotics, plus you have engineered out all of the bump-steer with your custom geometry... what's not to like???

I bet the GP Madison was a soft-top, if it was the coupe variant you wouldn't be able to get into the thing, let alone see out of it
    That's nice of you to say, and yes a lot of work has gone into her as lots of our cars have, but to be honest our cars are not the easiest cars to drive and do get a bit of getting use to. I am sure that most people jumping into one for the first time and taking it for a spin would be a scary experience.

Dirk

A big thanks to Dirk, Ray & Gary for supporting all things Nova related.

It pays to read all of the posts.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

One of the other highlights for me on the day of the photo shoot. I pulled out of the garage about 7.30am it was chilly and damp as it had rained all Sunday night and within a few minuets of driving the windscreen misted up, a quick flick of the blower switch with the new heater the windscreen was clear in seconds. I had that conversation with the owner of the Chesil and he said his heater was good as well, he had an Eberspacher but that cost him more than 3 times what I had paid for my Subaru donor car

Dirk

Really pleased you guys were able to support Jack and the magazine with this.

I think people have seen enough of mine with the running reports so good to see others in print. I assume the Madison was Simon Skelding’s (ex Red 9 Design)?

looking forward to seeing the article.