Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Nova project spotted in Tamworth

  1. #1
    Senior Member Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Livingston (Scotland)
    Posts
    1,246

    Nova project spotted in Tamworth

    I have been emailed details of a car spotted sitting in a Garden in Tamworth

    Apparently this is in a garden in 13 Hedging Ln, Wilnecote, Tamworth B77 5EX

    He says the screen is intact but I'm not so sure looking at the photos.

    Might be worth a visit anyone living nearby?

    tamworth 1.jpg

    tamworth2.jpg
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  2. #2
    Looks like a Mk2 - that might be the shredded remains of a tarp under the tyre rather than a damaged screen......... Anywhere near you Dan?
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

  3. #3
    Euro-Nova Founder bobbybrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,770
    Yeah. I know the guy who owns it. He happens to be a very close friend. It was actually mine back in the day. There is a thread on here about it years ago.
    The owner lives in North Wales these days, has been saying it is going to him for years but never has yet.
    House where the car is stored is owned by his relative...and is less than 2 minutes from where I live.

    I had this car running and driving years ago; since then (when he had it from me) it has sat under the tarp. It would be a pretty substantial rebuild.

    The screen was intact, but doesn’t appear to be anymore from those photos.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

  4. #4
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    Yeah. I know the guy who owns it. He happens to be a very close friend. It was actually mine back in the day. There is a thread on here about it years ago.
    The owner lives in North Wales these days, has been saying it is going to him for years but never has yet.
    House where the car is stored is owned by his relative...and is less than 2 minutes from where I live.

    I had this car running and driving years ago; since then (when he had it from me) it has sat under the tarp. It would be a pretty substantial rebuild.

    The screen was intact, but doesnít appear to be anymore from those photos.
    Struth! ... It's a small world!

    Dan, given your friend's not done anything with it for years, and a pretty substantial rebuild would be required, do you think he'll ever realistically ever get round to it?

    If that's unlikely, maybe it would be worth suggesting to him that he advertises it on the Forum to see if anyone on here would like to take it on?

    Alistair

  5. #5
    Euro-Nova Founder bobbybrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,770
    I can ask the question.
    Although, he had the car off me a couple of years before my daughter was born, she is 9 next March so I think we can take an educated guess at the answer.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

  6. #6
    Euro-Nova Founder bobbybrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,770
    A link to the posts I made about the car years ago

    http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...wn-s-Red-Nova!
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

  7. #7
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    I can ask the question.
    Although, he had the car off me a couple of years before my daughter was born, she is 9 next March so I think we can take an educated guess at the answer.
    Thanks Dan, rather than the car getting worse over the next 10 years it would be great to see someone on the Forum being given the chance to bring her back to life ... with lots of photos! You know how we all love photos!

  8. #8
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    A link to the posts I made about the car years ago

    http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...wn-s-Red-Nova!
    Thanks for sharing Dan. I had a look earlier in the day but couldn't find the thread.

    Just briefly skimmed through just now but did an emergency stop when you wrote "I won't have to worry about this for a while now, I got to the car tonight and someone had tried setting fire to it. I'll tell more when I'm not in such a foul mood."

    .... I'm going back to the beginning to read through properly now!

    Alistair

  9. #9
    Euro-Nova Founder bobbybrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,770
    Ah yes I remember that! A local school kid I believe as half of his homework was left by the car, didnít cause any real damage thankfully just needed a good clean.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •