Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Nova Body for sale £900 (North Scotland)

Mk2 Nova Body for sale £900 (North Scotland)

Advert on Kit Cars and parts for sale in Facebook ....

Nova Kit Car with 4 wheel trailer - all ready to take away. The kit car has been sitting for a number of years, comes with all the panels (not all pictured).
    The trailer is in working order but could be done with some tlc.
    There are couple beetle engines/spares that is included too.

Nova.jpg

See https://www.facebook.com/groups/1329...target&fref=nf

Alistair

That sounds perfect for me and my plans and as i live in scotland, closer than most i have seen.

Just signed up to the Facebook group so i can see the advert.

Wish me luck.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    That sounds perfect for me and my plans and as i live in scotland, closer than most i have seen.

Just signed up to the Facebook group so i can see the advert.

Wish me luck.

Stuart
    Price seems reasonable despite damaged windscreen given that it appears to include a trailer.

Best of luck ... donít hang around!

Alistair

go for it Stuart, that sounds a bargain, and bodywork looks in good condition... (from the single pic)

I don't do Facebook otherwise I would be having a good look as it may do for replacing my damaged MkII bodywork!

I also don't have a tow bar, but you get in there quick, you are in the right location - let us know what you find and what happens!
    `¨)

edit; it doesn't look as though its been used... there does not seem to be any screw holes for the light covers, or holes for the wiper motor or screen washers etc? If its as 'unused' then it is a very good bargain!?
    Last edited by MartinB; 05-09-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Well, all being well the Nova is mine next week.

Well, all being well the Nova is mine next week.
    Excellent news Stuart! Looking forward to photos and the story of you going to collect her!

Alistair

It says driven 1,234 km and automatic gearbox, yet no sign of a floorpan or transaxle. I can't decide if this is a car that has been built and stripped down again or is a kit that was never completed. Does this come with a V5 Stuart?
    If not what are your plans for putting it on the road? It also says it comes with a couple of Beetle engines which should be worth a few quid.

Pity about the screen - it appears to be damaged but that could just be the photos?

Looking forward to seeing how you progress this
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Youíre right Phill. As far as I know there are only 2 ways to get a Nova body street legal. Put it on a Pie Valley chassis and then put it through the IVA test (but Alex and Mick have still to do that, so we donít know what all the issues are) or bolt it to an UNMODIFIED VW Beetle chassis. Whilst it can be argued that the floor pans are NOT technically part of the chassis, it would be safer NOT to drop the floor pans but with a Mk2 body you might be ok ... especially if youíre short like me !

However, if you could find a VW chassis with dropped floor pans which can be proven to be done over 30 years ago then you should be ok ... but such chassis are like henís teeth!

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing your progress Stuart!

Alistair

Hi Phil.

It does not have a V5, looks to have been a kit of parts someone was pulling together for a build rather than a car thats been stripped.

From the photo's there is damage to parts of the body but nothing i cannot repair or remould.
    Would have prefered a mk1 but been looking for over 6 years so this one is it.

Alister, as to putting it on the Road.
    This is actually quite straight forward and should not cause too many issues down the line.
    I will be registering it as a new car rather than trying to retain a historic reg or date so makes life far more simple.
    Incidentally I will not be using a Pie Chassis but will be building my own.

It will be a while before i can start on it though, changing jobs at the end of the year. I travel too much for work and there is three cars to do in front of this (for my wife so no chance to change priorities there).

Will keep you posted when i pick it up.

Now to find the wheels.....

Stuart

Incidentally I will not be using a Pie Chassis but will be building my own.

Thatís a thread Iím really looking forward to following. Safe trip when you go to pick up the body.

Alistair