Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Nova Body for sale 900 (North Scotland)

A new shell, a clean slate is a great feeling, no bodge ups or accident damage to repair, I know I felt that buzz when Roy Budd delivered my SS in person in '95. Closely followed by" what the hell do I do now?".

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not? JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

I thought I had found the last of the unmolested shells (in fact complete deluxe kit). clearly not! Well done mate

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    And if you put the body on top of this, suddenly you have a historic vehicle .....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264458094906

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    And if you put the body on top of this, suddenly you have a historic vehicle .....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264458094906
    Mark, check back earlier in this thread ... Stuart’s got really ambitious plans for his Nova, and it doesn’t involve a VW chassis or even a Pie Valley one. This’ll be an interesting build once he gets started.
    Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 15-09-2019 at 04:19 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I did note that, but then you face the joy of IVA, and has anyone done that with a nova ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I did note that, but then you face the joy of IVA, and has anyone done that with a nova ?
    Very true Mark, Im not aware of anyone whos put a Nova through an IVA, but imagine if someone actually did! It would bring the Nova right up to date

Well it is now safely on its plinth.
    And officially been bumped up the que as it is awesome according to my youngest.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-oK...w?usp=drivesdk

Not sure if the forum automatically converts image links from Google drives but giving it a try...

Some weathering and sun bleaching on the body (the loose parts were all stored in this workshop so in remarkable condition).
    A couple of repairs required on the roof panel but nothing major.

Got to admit, really Looking forward to designing and making the chassis and suspension for this.

Lauren, also looks like there is enough room for the front drivetrain package as well so selectable 4wd for traction is on the cards , just need to see how it all goes and where I end up on weight distribution.

Stuart

The link works fine Stuart ... looking good!

... what's the black body sitting in the background?

Alistair

PS Your youngest clearly has excellent taste!!

Great stuff.

She really does, proper old soul and a real eye for design.

The black shell is the original one off Raffo Imola.

Stuart

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    The black shell is the original one off Raffo Imola.
    Wowsers! I was going to say Raffo Belva but the nose looked different. Imola was going to be Alfa Boxer mid-mount wasn't it? Like the Tipo 12?

Tipo 12 was a great idea, and the front half of the Belva always looked to me like the Ford P68/F3L, which is no bad thing... But the Imola looked fantastic, such a shame it never got off the ground. Although I suppose the Belva was closer to the brief in the end...

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!