Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mk2 Nova Body for sale £900 (North Scotland)

Hi Lauren.

The Imola was pre Belva and in much grander proportions (although the diminutive cabin still remained).
    Destined to have an inline mid engine V12 powerplant, it is a huge engine bay which I eventually was able to graft a newer V12 quad turbo BMW powerplant into, but pulled it apart and sold the engine to go the more modern audi 4.0 tfsi turbo V8 route before settling on a hybrid 2.5. (Much lighter and better weight balance all round).

However the day job sapped all time so it got shelved till now.

Stuart

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    The Imola was pre Belva and in much grander proportions (although the diminutive cabin still remained). Destined to have an inline mid engine V12 powerplant, it is a huge engine bay
    Wow, a real rival for the Countach and Diablo replicas from the time, and with really attractive original styling to boot. Do you have plans to complete the car one day?
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

It certainly would have been an amazing machine at the time and i feel would still have been iconic now, but was never destined to rival the replica market, but would have been John's bridge into low volume supercar manufacture.

I will be completing the Imola as I feel I owe it to John to see it finally being driven, albeit with some updates, and i will also be building its platform based variant but both are in a long que....now behind the Nova.

Stuart

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    ..... but both are in a long que....now behind the Nova.

Stuart
    Stuart, you've just gone to the top of the popularity charts on the Forum! .... get that new thread started!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    You can say that again!

Here's a link to a Youtube video tribute to John Raffo, the Imola prototype is shown at 0:44:

https://youtu.be/cQBB42Zqf6g

I'm sure those are Alfa wheels (Sprint or Alfetta GTV), hence my assumption of Alfa power, but the rear deck is plenty long enough for a V12.

Doowit, doowit, doowit...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Still miss the Man.

In true Raffo fashion he had those wheels knocking around to put under bodies when mocking up.

Helps to visualise...I still do the same.

They were there from his alfa based cabrio concept that he cut up, but well spotted.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post

Here's a link to a Youtube video tribute to John Raffo, the Imola prototype is shown at 0:44:

https://youtu.be/cQBB42Zqf6g

Lauren,

When Stuart first explained what the black body actually was, I went searching but came up with nothing ... what a fascinating video!

Great to see young folks getting involved after John's passing.

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Interesting to see the vid and learn about the Marque (which I was only vaguely aware of) and the Man.

Watching this video just brings it home to me how much freedom we have lost as a result of ever increasing legislation. Long gone are the days when a one man band could design and build a one off special and make it road legal without the need to jump through hoops to meet legislative requirements and spend a fortune on testing. I would love to build a one off special but fear I would never be able to make it road legal so I am forced to simply stick to restoring an existing car.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns