Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: 2 Nova's

  1. #11
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    885
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good bit of detective work there mate.
    I can understand reluctance to answer emails, as serious buyers will call if the message goes unanswered. Selling unusual stuff online without bothering to give any details (especially about the V5's) is an interesting strategy though.

    Having said all that, and assuming there are V5's, if I was looking for a car and had the space I would have a punt on this, if you could sell-on the bits you don't want you could end up with a very cheap car with an intact windscreen if you are lucky.
    Hmmm a lot of ifs in that sentence.

    Shame that Mrs B has ruled it out for you :-)

  2. #12
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Good bit of detective work there mate.
    I can understand reluctance to answer emails, as serious buyers will call if the message goes unanswered. Selling unusual stuff online without bothering to give any details (especially about the V5's) is an interesting strategy though.

    Having said all that, and assuming there are V5's, if I was looking for a car and had the space I would have a punt on this, if you could sell-on the bits you don't want you could end up with a very cheap car with an intact windscreen if you are lucky.
    Hmmm a lot of ifs in that sentence.

    Shame that Mrs B has ruled it out for you :-)
    They've got 2 Mk1 bonnets (with nostrils) which I'm constantly on the lookout for. Question is, should I have a punt to get a couple of Mk1 bonnets and then sell off the rest, but risk a divorce? ... Difficult one, but 5 days left to reach a decision!!

  3. #13
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    885
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    They've got 2 Mk1 bonnets (with nostrils) which I'm constantly on the lookout for. Question is, should I have a punt to get a couple of Mk1 bonnets and then sell off the rest, but risk a divorce? ... Difficult one, but 5 days left to reach a decision!!

    If you do make a bid, put me down for a couple of 'Side Pockets' :-)

  4. #14
    If I was in the UK, and had time to make two trips up North I would have a punt, stick them in storage and figure the rest out later. Maybe its lucky I'm not

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Never received a reply to my ebay query. I see the Novas still don't have any bids (with 5 days to go) but I stumbled across this tonight ...

    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...nova-521215124

    The story seems to be at odds with what Phill was told ... but if that chassis is good and (ideally both) the Novas have V5's then they look like good projects.

    I did try to persuade Mrs Bluenova to let me bid, but she's having none of it and told me the divorce lawyer's phone number's on speed dial!!

    Alistair
    My missus tried that,. "me or the car", silly thing to say, divorced and been in Spain with car ever since.



    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •