Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Nova's

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Good bit of detective work there mate.
    I can understand reluctance to answer emails, as serious buyers will call if the message goes unanswered. Selling unusual stuff online without bothering to give any details (especially about the V5's) is an interesting strategy though.

Having said all that, and assuming there are V5's, if I was looking for a car and had the space I would have a punt on this, if you could sell-on the bits you don't want you could end up with a very cheap car with an intact windscreen if you are lucky.
    Hmmm a lot of ifs in that sentence.

Shame that Mrs B has ruled it out for you :-)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Good bit of detective work there mate.
    I can understand reluctance to answer emails, as serious buyers will call if the message goes unanswered. Selling unusual stuff online without bothering to give any details (especially about the V5's) is an interesting strategy though.

Having said all that, and assuming there are V5's, if I was looking for a car and had the space I would have a punt on this, if you could sell-on the bits you don't want you could end up with a very cheap car with an intact windscreen if you are lucky.
    Hmmm a lot of ifs in that sentence.

Shame that Mrs B has ruled it out for you :-)
    They've got 2 Mk1 bonnets (with nostrils) which I'm constantly on the lookout for. Question is, should I have a punt to get a couple of Mk1 bonnets and then sell off the rest, but risk a divorce? ... Difficult one, but 5 days left to reach a decision!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    They've got 2 Mk1 bonnets (with nostrils) which I'm constantly on the lookout for. Question is, should I have a punt to get a couple of Mk1 bonnets and then sell off the rest, but risk a divorce? ... Difficult one, but 5 days left to reach a decision!!

If you do make a bid, put me down for a couple of 'Side Pockets' :-)

If I was in the UK, and had time to make two trips up North I would have a punt, stick them in storage and figure the rest out later. Maybe its lucky I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Never received a reply to my ebay query. I see the Novas still don't have any bids (with 5 days to go) but I stumbled across this tonight ...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...nova-521215124

The story seems to be at odds with what Phill was told ... but if that chassis is good and (ideally both) the Novas have V5's then they look like good projects.

I did try to persuade Mrs Bluenova to let me bid, but she's having none of it and told me the divorce lawyer's phone number's on speed dial!!

Alistair
    My missus tried that,. "me or the car", silly thing to say, divorced and been in Spain with car ever since.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    My missus tried that,. "me or the car", silly thing to say, divorced and been in Spain with car ever since.
    LOL.

I finally got a reply to my ebay query .... same as Phill was told ... "they're my Dad's and here's his mobile number"

I'm surprised the Novas still don't have any bids (with 1 day to go). Still don't know if they have V5's which is a big consideration re their value.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not there's a flurry of activity later tomorrow .... ?

Alistair

I would say probably not how many people have the space or want 2 cars? I bet if they had listed them separately for £1500 with more info they would both have bids on. A few years back I bought 2 almost new garage doors for £50 individually they where going for more but again how many people want 2.

Dirk

I agree with you Dirk, I would have put them up separately.

Anyway, someone placed a bit about an hour ago for the asking price. I hope it's genuine. Will be interesting to see if there's a scramble towards the end (about 5 past 10 tonight)

Alistair

Blog Entries
    2hrs 35min remaining ... I reckon you should have a punt Alistair