Thread: Hampton Court Concours de Elegance

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

Hampton Court Concours de Elegance

Some Pics from the https://concoursofelegance.co.uk at Hampton Court in Surrey last weekend.

Stars of the show were these 1940s Ferrari's:

Lambo Miura, supposedly a vehicle that influenced the styling of the Nova, love the car, but never quite saw that myself...
    The van in the background is a Scarab

Ecurie Ecosse LM69

E-Type in an unusual colour, purchased as a basket case, has had a '3000 hour restore'. Some of us must be close to that figure on our builds :-(

Aston Martin Zegato, v12, My pic does not do this justice, this car was an absolute monster!

Another Monster, the Aston Martin Vulcan, yours for USD $2.3 Million!

Gotta love those early 911's

This Porsche 918 was a real beauty

McClaren P1

Mk 4 Cobra, UK built with the original factory tooling

This on a Porsche GT3, hope you can read the small print ...

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Lambo Miura, supposedly a vehicle that influenced the styling of the Nova, love the car, but never quite saw that myself...
    Seems to be obvious to many. I had a look at a red Nova for sale here in Germany and in its papers it says “Lamborghini replica, type: Miura“

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Nice selection of cars Steve, thanks for posting. You certainly picked a nice day for it I must say

Richard Oakes blended influences from a number of contemporary prototypes and supercars to get to the Nova. As such, it cannot claim to be a replica of anything in particular. The main influences quoted are (1) Miura, (2) Chevrolet Corvette Mako Shark II concept and (3) Ford GT40. I did ask the great man himself if this was true, and although his reply was non-committal he did not deny it. The Miura connection goes further still as there was a crashed example at the garage where Richard worked (Davrian maybe?). He used to eat his lunch in the cockpit, which led to the train of thought about how to create a showcar on a more affordable basis...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Nice selection of cars Steve, thanks for posting. You certainly picked a nice day for it I must say

Richard Oakes blended influences from a number of contemporary prototypes and supercars to get to the Nova. As such, it cannot claim to be a replica of anything in particular. The main influences quoted are (1) Miura, (2) Chevrolet Corvette Mako Shark II concept and (3) Ford GT40. I did ask the great man himself if this was true, and although his reply was non-committal he did not deny it. The Miura connection goes further still as there was a crashed example at the garage where Richard worked (Davrian maybe?). He used to eat his lunch in the cockpit, which led to the train of thought about how to create a showcar on a more affordable basis...
    I totally agree about Richard Oakes inspiration on designing the Nova. If the presence of a rear engined Corvette (the XP-819)was known by Richard I am sure he would be influenced by that concept too. The "discovery" of the secret XP-819 was much later than the design of the Nova. Both the Nova and the XP share a common weight distribution challenge though..
    Cheers,

Rob

Illegitimi non carborundum

1983 Nova GT Project , customized 1981 Honda CBX1000, 2008 Pontiac G8 6.0 GT

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Nice pics thanks for sharing.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    ...As such, it cannot claim to be a replica of anything in particular...
    I know. I laughed when I read this in the documents. It's the view of an helpless German engineer, who never saw a Nova before. Maybe it's easier for registration to name it a Miura replica than something else. I think it's kind of an honour if someone calls it that way.