Thread: 3D CAD Model Nova Body panels.

3D CAD Model Nova Body panels.

So planning out my build and before I plan the time to setup the scanner, prep the body and panels and post process the data, i thought I would ask the question.

Does anyone already have accurate CAD models of the complete Nova panels and Body?.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

This has been disccused before and no one has come forward with a set of files. I'm intrigued at what equipment you have available to do a full body scan on a full size car?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Stuart,

Something to consider in your build .... according to several folks on here, the body is NOT symmetrical

So if I were you I'd take lots of measurements of the body you've got, and design the chassis to take that body.

Alistair

Hi Phil,

I have a suite of tools I pulled together and developed into a package to support the engineering tasks of my day job.

Basic principle is photogrametry.

Works very effectively, although pocket details, threaded fixings, mechanisms and interfaces still need good old fashioned manual measurements.

If nothing exists I will plan to scan.

Stuart

Thanks for the heads up Alistair.

Unfortunately not uncommon with older cars and generally with kit cars.

I will see what I find but if it's too far out I will have to correct it as I go.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Stuart - certainly no files exist at the level of detail that you will need. And Alistair makes a good point, the Nova dates from a time when symmetry was not common in kit cars (Cox GTM anyone?). The moulded recess for the gas/hydraulic rams is a case in point, one is further forward than the other.

Nothing a Lidar couldn't sort out I reckon
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing some nice 3D cad files of the Nova me included. I have had a play around with some of the free stuff out there and a phone camera on small things (not cars) but the quality is very poor. Lets see some pro stuff.

Dirk

Ooooh! .STL and .OBJ files please!
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416