Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie - Wannabe

Newbie - Wannabe

Hi to all the guys and gals out there in Nova Land.

I don't have one, but have wanted one for as long as I can remember (usually yesterday )

I'm near to the two that were on ebay the last couple of weeks and was really tempted, but having gone down the route of spending to excess on a project bike a couple of years ago and reading an old post on the forum, "so you want to build a Kit car" and being a complete novice to the world of kit car building, I decided to put my sensible head on for a change.

I'm not a kit car fan as such, I just really like the Nova. I was sold on it the first time I saw a picture of the open canopy. Does that make me weird??

I'm looking to "cut my teeth" with a Nova that requires a bit of TLC, kind of like the one that was sold about 3 years ago from Liverpool (yet another one that I missed), so if anybody out there knows of one........

For now, now that I've found out I can join without owning, I will troll through the pages and find out as much as I can to help me on my way.
    G.

Welcome, the open canopy shots are what draws a lot in, certainly what got me all those years ago!
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Welcome GReaper,
    Most examples that turn up for sale need a fair bit of work but you'll find plenty help and advice on the Forum. Good luck with your search!
    Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Welcome to the forum. It is becoming a lot harder to find one that just needs a bit of TLC, prices also seam to be going up on road going cars as well, but as Alistair says if you get a basket case there will be lots of help here to get you sorted.

Dirk

Welcome & good luck with your search.

Even cars listed as just a couple of jobs & it will be on the road take a lot of time, especiall when the work already done is sub standard.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

There is one for sale in Holland that looks like it is / was UK registered

https://www.kitcarcollection.com/kit...casions_novagt

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piperphasetwo View Post

Nice find Piperphasetwo!

I've just done a DVLA check and see it's registered as 'Nova Cars' and is MOT'd till 5 Feb 2020. Road going MOT'd Novas don't come up that often ....

GReaper, it looks just what you're looking for, but there are others out there looking for something similar so I wouldn't hang about.

The only other one I can think of is Keith's ('Kdnova') ... which is in much better condition and he was asking a similar price, but I don't know if he's still got it .... see his 'for sale' thread which has some photos, etc ...

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...-Nova-for-sale

Good Luck!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by Piperphasetwo View Post

Thanks Piperphasetwo

Blimey you guys don't hang about with the help do you!

Wish I'd joined ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Nice find Piperphasetwo!

I've just done a DVLA check and see it's registered as 'Nova Cars' and is MOT'd till 5 Feb 2020. Road going MOT'd Novas don't come up that often ....

GReaper, it looks just what you're looking for, but there are others out there looking for something similar so I wouldn't hang about.

The only other one I can think of is Keith's ('Kdnova') ... which is in much better condition and he was asking a similar price, but I don't know if he's still got it .... see his 'for sale' thread which has some photos, etc ...

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...-Nova-for-sale

Good Luck!

Alistair
    Cheers Alistair

I've sent him a message to ask.

I've sent an enquiry to Holland as well

G

Only problem I might have is I'm 6'4"

If I do ever get a Nova, and I need to drop the floor pans (as has been suggested) will I need to get a new IVA for it?

As the car from Holland has a valid MOT, does that mean it wouldn't need importing?

Cheers
    G