Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1964 VW Nova Mk2 Restoration

1964 VW Nova Mk2 Restoration

So this weekend I had a brief look around the 2 Novas that were delivered on Thursday.
    Quite a lot of work to do with both of them, but a lot of different work on each, so I am going to create 2 separate threads to follow the work.
    So far I have only gathered up the boxes and not really gone through whatís in them properly as yet. The main goal for this weekend was to have a quick look at the obvious work and start a priority list of what I need to do first
    The good news is that the floor pans are sound, good and strong. All of the interior is out and only the partly modified bare dash remains. So, most of the ripping out is done, and I just need to create the space in my garage where I can be working on parts that are removed from the car.
    I often use Mind Maps to get a good picture of what I need to do on a project so have now done this. See below:

Not sure if the pic definition is good as I am loading this, so if not, I will replace later.
    The key items I seem to be missing are interior side pockets, gauges and seats. I have a Mk2 rear bumper, but toying with trying to get a mk4 bumper, not decided as yet.
    Some of the items I want to incorporate are:
    Side opening and removable windows
    Electronic handbrake
    Double din stereo with 360 degree birds eye camera system
    Incorporate interior components from RR Phantom (wood trim, air vents, leather etc), that I have had in storage.
    Custom Dashboard, rather than the standard Nova ones.
    Exterior - pretty much standard nova, bonnet (with Nostrils), Original light cover, but probably not the original lights
    Contrasting rear louvre
    Possibly targa / Bermuda top conversion.
    I would love to have it ready for Stoneleigh, but I think that is going to be a tall order, still better a tight target than no target at all.
    I will post photos as I progress, but this may be slow to start as I need to finish my MGf off to get it off my hydraulic lift in the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Supanovakit; 30-09-2019 at 07:06 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Only thing I will say.........
    I want a hydraulic lift !!!!!!!

Got it on ebay a year ago for £500. Itís a mobile one so you can use it inside or outside the garage. Cant wait to get the Nova on it and be able to work around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Sounds like you know where you're going Alan, and I agree with Mark ... I'd love a hydraulic lift too! As you've probably gathered we love tools on here ... Dirk is 'Mr Tool Man' ... he even makes his own!!

Glad to hear both the chassis are solid and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers, Alistair

Canít wait to get started myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one, I have actually been given permission (by the Wife) to buy a two post lift, just waiting on my bonus at work.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Nice one, I have actually been given permission (by the Wife) to buy a two post lift, just waiting on my bonus at work.

Dirk
    Well, when it arrives, with all the tools you've already got including those you've made yourself, you'll no longer be 'Mr Tool Man' ... you'll be 'THE Tool Man'!

BTW, if your wife's interested in some wife swapping I'd be very grateful indeed!!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Well, when it arrives, with all the tools you've already got including those you've made yourself, you'll no longer be 'Mr Tool Man' ... you'll be 'THE Tool Man'!

BTW, if your wife's interested in some wife swapping I'd be very grateful indeed!!

Alistair
    Sorry this one is a keeper, I get away with sooooo much

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Sorry this one is a keeper, I get away with sooooo much

Dirk
    You're a lucky guy Dirk! I'm enjoying your work on the calipers ... of course kit cars aren't expected to go together without adjustments are they? .... that's why we need tools!!

Alistair

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your cars. Sounds like you got some real bargains there
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns