Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1964 VW Nova Mk2 Restoration

I think the tunnel was cut to get the fuel tank out, so needs a new one on and then a patch up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Supanovakit View Post
    Some other photos:
    Does anyone know what make of locking wheel nuts these are as I don’t have the key.
    Just done a quick google search. They could be Peugeot.

Sorry...... Scrap that just had a look.

There is a double socket available from amazon.com which is 20mm - 24mm maybe that would work???
    Last edited by GReaper; 13-10-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Any suggestions for the best opening side window catches? Looking at ones off BMW Coupes amongst others.

I remember in my first nova I had the hump type dash and made the mistake of polishing he dash before driving off to Stoneleigh on a sunny day. I couldnít see anything for the glare. In peoples opinion how is this shape going to be for glare? I am a little concerned, inlet I paint it with that blackest of Black paint that does not reflect back.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I don't think the shape makes much difference, it is the sharp angle of the screen that creates the reflection, it is what it is covered whit that makes the difference it needs to be as matt as possible.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    I'd be interested to know how flocking performs in this respect. Mostin flocked his dash .... but I don't know what he thinks of it??

Alistair

I was thinking of flocking but was speaking to someone at Stones about it and apparently it scratches very easily, best used for roof linings only.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    Alcantara fabric is very matt and non reflective, or matt vinyl?
    That dash top looks to be a simple shape suitable for DIY trimming.

I'd be interest to know what window catches you go for.

Hi Steve,
    I had some window catches on the last Nova I owned. They were simple pop open types found on coupes, and with 2 hinges down the a pillar. Because of the shape of the canopy, the catch was only holding on one screw and kept coming loose. It would need to have a plate glassed in that it could bolt to.
    Donít know whether anyone has any contacts for cutting and drilling glass to fit the nova sides, donít want to go for Perspex really.