Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1964 VW Nova Mk2 Restoration

So I had a good check over the car the other day to see what I have.
    Good Points:
    Chassis all good and solid
    Windscreen ok
    Lights ok but not to my liking, will chance
    Hydraulic pump and hoses present - will service pump and change hoses. Itís a huge pump!
    Wheels - nice chrome wheels but some rust patches and no key for locking wheel nuts!
    All mechanics are present but everything needs overhaul.

Basically all there, and apart from chassis everything needs a refurb. Got my work cut out, but still a great project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Sounds like an excellent basis for a project .... best of luck and remember how much we like to see photos of othersí Novas on here!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Yeah come on man, get some pics posted!

Iíll try and get some taken tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here are a few photos of the car. A lot of work required, but a good base to start from.

Some other photos:
    Does anyone know what make of locking wheel nuts these are as I donít have the key.
    Also any contacts for refurbishing chrome wheels?

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Ah, I wrongly assumed that the red chassis went with the grey Nova. The floor pan drops in the grey Nova could do with being changed to have sloping front edges rather than vertical .... which could result in an abrupt stop or at least a lot of damage to the floor if you hit something. After discussion with Dirk I also sloped the rear of my drops to avoid the same problem when reversing.

Fraid I donít recognise the locking wheel nuts. If nobody else can help Iíd just be tempted to weld a big nut to them to assist removal.

I thought youíd be lucky to have 1 good project out of the 2 and at least have the 2nd for spares but it looks like youíve got 2 good projects there!

Alistair

Hi Alistair,
    I was thinking the same about the floor drops. I remember driving my old one and hitting bumps which dragged up the slope. I can imaging how that would have felt if it had been a dead stop.
    I am kind of thinking to do this one first and then the red one, although the red one is probably more complete. Body is fixed on this one and the red is loose.
    Fit to try and get my MGf off the hydraulic lift, so so can get this one on. Engine out and stripped and strip off all the mechanics and refurb. And get that floor sloped too.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    It looks like you have got a couple of good projects there, I am assuming the wheels have been re-drilled to fit the hubs? I think I would drill them and use a big easy out. Do you know why the rear tunnel was cut out on the grey one? I am not a fan of the Fiat lights ( I do have a pair in the garage) I think it was Lauren that said they make the car look sad and I have to agree with her they do.
    Looking forward to seeing your rebuild.

Dirk

Hi Dirk,
    Yeah I donít like the fiat lights either, I think it spoils the smooth front rake. I prefer the standard flat light cover or the pop up that follows the same lines.
    Will maybe get something machined up to fit if I canít get a key