Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 1981 VW Nova Mk1 restoration

Don’t know why they put that front beam back on after the floor pan refurb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Nice progress Alan ... looks like you’ve got a good base for your project there

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice update.
    Chassis looks decent, when was is refiurbed?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Nice update.
    Chassis looks decent, when was is refiurbed?
    Hi Steve, I think it was refurbed by the previous owner a couple of years ago, but all the old items put back on and the shell dropped loosely on. As the body was already loose, I thought I may as well strip it down and start from scratch.

So I started to strip down the rolling chassis after seeing that everything attached to it was in a real poor state. It looks like the previous owners(s) refurbed the chassis and then put all the old items back on without refurbish them, so they had to come off.

Got another from beam in a better condition to start to refurb

25 years ago that's where I started, it's where everyone should start but rarely do. job on!
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice update, shame about the rust holes in the beam.

What is the plan here, is this going to be a hardcore DIY restore job?
    Or will you be buying in new bits where needed?

1981 VW Nova Mk1 restoration

Plan to replace where it’s not an easy refurb. At least get the chassis built back up to a high standard and then get the body back on. Did not want to sell it on as it was, because it was just get bought for the floor pan and the rest sold off. Don’t want to see another Nova disappear.

Last edited by Supanovakit; 28-09-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supanovakit View Post
    Plan to replace where it’s not an easy refurb. At least get the chassis built back up to a high standard and then get the body back on. Did not want to sell it on as it was, because it was just get bought for the floor pan and the rest sold off. Don’t want to see another Nova disappear.

All to oftern I'm afraid, we loose a few Eagles each year for VW and Ford Cortina parts.
    cut UP ss.jpg
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl